Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Do they dread themselves???

Katie2
@katie2
14 years ago
40 posts
So, I'm wondering...If I leave my dreads alone, as they grow out, will they just start dreading themselves at the roots? It looks like an inch of straight hair, and then DREAD!Some background...I have backcombed dreads. I have had them for almost three months. I was palm rolling a lot and winding the roots, and they became really dry and began breaking at the roots. Now I am leaving them alone and washing with Dr. Bronner's bar soap and using some oils to keep them from drying out. But, if I leave them alone...as they grow out, do they just dread themselves?
updated by @katie2: 01/13/15 08:47:23PM
Tomasu
@tomasu
14 years ago
66 posts
they will dude, just leave them be...because the ends are already knotted.. the root hair will move about..get tangled with other root hair and just dread up naturally =)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ofcoursethey do u never needed to backcomb either and u never ever should do anything to the rootsthat 1 inch will become 1/2 invch in 8 months but u will always have 1/2 inchthe ppl that tell u to mess with the roots are clueless

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Pathargic
@patrick2
14 years ago
61 posts
Precisely. There's no need to palm roll at all, really. Just let them be, they'll take care of themselves. And that inch towards the roots is called growth. Hair doesn't dread all the way to the roots. At least, not that I know of.
Raul Stevens
@raul-stevens
14 years ago
10 posts
Thanks for the advice guys. Ive had dreads not for 2 weeks and because im new to the whole concept of dreads, i was wondering this exact same thing. So thanks for answering my question!
Pathargic
@patrick2
14 years ago
61 posts
I'd just be sure to keep hair in their respective sections. For the most part, loose hair will find its own way, but occasionally, they may stray into other dreads. Just gotta keep 'em separated.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
yeah man, I've had the same, they will always lock up automatically at the roots over time, just make sure they don't ninja congo over time. (unless you want them to of course :)
Kathleen1
@kathleen1
14 years ago
28 posts
of course they will. thats just what the hair does.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form