Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Twisting dreadlocks Theories?

new dreddie
@new-dreddie
14 years ago
75 posts

Twisting is bullshit! I was told by several people and websites to twist my hair. I don't anymore because I DO NOT want my hair to break. My hair will do its own thing!:)

updated by @new-dreddie: 07/23/15 04:45:55AM
Rod Norwood
@rod-norwood
13 years ago
9 posts

Shanxon Lemasters said:
I admit I started twisting a little, not insanely or tight but to kind of try to section (before finding this site and reading up on it) I did some very N00b things but have since stopped, though I do find myself twisting at times just out of habit of playing with my hair, and I definately think I touch it too much and need to stop, so I actually took up crocheting so that I have something to do w/ my hands other than play w/ my hair :P
Rod Norwood
@rod-norwood
13 years ago
9 posts

Rod Norwood said: I've only been not combing for three months; I haven't done anything else but I do have a hard time keeping my hands out of my hair. I'll grab a piece of hand and twirl it with my fingers before I know it. Do you think there is any harm to that?

Shanxon Lemasters said:
I admit I started twisting a little, not insanely or tight but to kind of try to section (before finding this site and reading up on it) I did some very N00b things but have since stopped, though I do find myself twisting at times just out of habit of playing with my hair, and I definately think I touch it too much and need to stop, so I actually took up crocheting so that I have something to do w/ my hands other than play w/ my hair :P
Vaughn Maurice Gaines II
@vaughn-maurice-gaines-ii
13 years ago
3 posts
I never went anywhere to pay to get my dreads twisted, I twist em out of habbit for self stimulation but what should I do if I want em to be tightened up a bit at this stage so i dont feel like i have to bother with em. Im pretty tall and my loose hair tends to attach itself to diff things lol anyone have suggestion for maintanance I never do anything to it but id like to about every 7months
Zeb Smith
@zeb-smith
13 years ago
4 posts
yea your right
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wekll if u do it minimaly and not real tightly its ok but the loose hairs should form new dreads mine do like every 3 months about

Vaughn Maurice Gaines II said:

I never went anywhere to pay to get my dreads twisted, I twist em out of habbit for self stimulation but what should I do if I want em to be tightened up a bit at this stage so i dont feel like i have to bother with em. Im pretty tall and my loose hair tends to attach itself to diff things lol anyone have suggestion for maintanance I never do anything to it but id like to about every 7months

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
daNi3
@dani3
13 years ago
8 posts
Iive only had my baby dreads a few months now.. i redid them way too many times in the begining. i wasnt happy with placement etc. i would have prefered doing it completely natural but i needed to look presentalbe for work and what not.. looking back i really wish i hadnt. ive fiddle around with crocheting and found that the less i do the more happy i am with my hair. one of the things that i have been doin though is twisting my locs before i tie them in a ponytail just so they are a bit neater looking. if i leave the house my hair is up and im hardly ever home. After reading this thread im a bit worried. My locs are way thinnner than id like for them to be. Is it too late? Will they fatten back up if I stop twisting? Anyone know from experience?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
well hopefully but u definately should stop twisting just leave em alone the roots will thicken up u may be left with a thin area u may not im not saure but u dfinately shhould stop twisting

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sampson
@sampson
13 years ago
18 posts
I really get my hair twisted only because I work in a business where it isnt acceptable to have crazy hair. I do love my hair, and now I've gone from getting it twisted ever week or two ...till now where its a once a month affair just to keep things tidy. I'm fully aware that it doesn't help my hair dread...I just use it as a means to keep things neater.
Laron Da Dread Head
@laron-da-dread-head
13 years ago
2 posts

I Agree Im Also Kno The Dangers Of Twisting Bt I Have A Job Dats Very Strict Bout Neatness. So I Get My Hair Retwisted Every 2 Months. Bt I Agree 100% WithAshley.

Sampson said:

I really get my hair twisted only because I work in a business where it isnt acceptable to have crazy hair. I do love my hair, and now I've gone from getting it twisted ever week or two ...till now where its a once a month affair just to keep things tidy. I'm fully aware that it doesn't help my hair dread...I just use it as a means to keep things neater.

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form