Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Seperate, seperate, seperate

peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
OK - so I need help again!!! We have been in limbo for about 2 months now. We are finally getting settled into our house. I have been VERY bad about washing and seperating during these past several weeks. Right now - I have 1/2 head of seperated narly dreads (getting thicker - but still pretty fuzzy) - and 1/2 head of what I am affectionatly calling a beavertail!!!! Both sides were equally as bad until yesterday. I seperated the one side - and it was so painful. This side (THE BAD ONE) is much worse. I need some suggestions that DO NOT INCLUDE cutting my hair. I LOVE my dreads - even this out of control mess I have right now. So - I read SE's comment to someone about using olive oil. I am planning to do the mass seperation tonight. Any ideas before i get started? AND NO - I do not drink or medically smoke - so there will be no numbing before hand!!!GOOD SIDE

BAD SIDE

updated by @peacelovinmama: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wowyea that shoulda been seperated love how loopy they areumm definately the olive oil do it when the hairs wet then add the olive oil and try to do it slow and gentle

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
I am loving the loops also! But yeah beavertail congo is hard to handle. The hair will rip easier when wet but be careful because it's hard to control which hairs are ripping. It's best to start from the root out, and just rip a few hairs at a time. Take a break if your arms get tired, they probably will, and olive oil will help loosen things up a bit. The non-congo side is looking great also, you have some progress :)
meg ☮
@meg
14 years ago
92 posts
thanks for posting this, i'll be hitting the two month mark in a couple of weeks and i've had such a hard time with separating, you have no idea. it's taken so much to not completely freak out and i've thought of combing out so many times.i think i'll have to grab that bottle of olive oil and ask a friend to give me a hand before i lose my mind trying to do it myself... you gave me a great visual though, thanks!
peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
Right on Meg - and thanks guys! I did not have the courage last night. I will be trying to do it tonight. My hubby is going to help, I hope. Have a groovy day everyone!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form