Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Handmade soap not rinsing out

Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
but how do you get your scalp clean if like SE says just pour it over then rinse, no touching. don't i need to do a little scrubbing on my scalp just to prevent dandruff? or will that just undue any knots that might be forming? Chewin Change said:
I used Burts for one wash and then Prell for my last wash. Burt's volumizing effect might have undone some progress but when I put my tam on, my hair was clean and messier and it ended up creating some new knots.. but it did make my hair straighter. Prell, when I used it, rinsed out a lot easier and it left my hair and scalp very very clean. When I used sea salt and my tam, it actually made some extra knots, no joke.

Today I washed with baking soda. I noticed it makes my hair lay flatter. Anyways after my hair dried i notice a lot more mini-dreads than I had noticed before I washed with those two. Honestly tho I think hair will dread with anything as long as it's non-residue and totally rinsed out. Baking soda is the best in my opinion since you don't have to touch your hair at all really.

NaturalWomyn said:
if you're having trouble getting knots to start you really don't want to use prell it will slow your progress down even further. Yes the baking soda will remove any leftover residues.

updated by @heather: 07/09/15 08:25:26AM
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
i just figured i could mix up the bs in a bucket in the kitchen sink and lay back on the kitchen counter and kind of dunk my hair into it, if that makes sense. i just need to find a way to get this residue crap out of my hair so it will start to do something. it's so incredibly soft right now.unfortunately, i don't have thick hair like you but it is long. i was hoping for at least a little bit of tangling by now at 5 days. i know, i know. its a journey:)
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
actually i think i worry less about my hair now than i did with the backcombed set. just need to get this washing mess out of the way and then i can focus on all the changes that are in the future.i've been looking at youtube videos of people with natural dreads and love them so much more than the uniform sectioned ones. all the loops and bumps and strange things they do. i'm so looking forward to it.thanks so much for all your help:) Chewin Change said:
no worries thick hair dreads slower actually... the early weeks are just as important to the result as any other weeks in your journey. count in weeks not days. your hair is pretty long and will lock up quickly just get into a good washing routine and forget about it. i know it's hard to not mind it but you really gotta find somethin to distract you.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form