Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

update.....back to square one

❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
oh it won't be 3 years...many people see some progress in the first month and most everyone has good knotting happening by 6 months, the longer the hair the faster it dreads too, If you can get a wool tam or a wool sweater over your pillow that'll speed the process too :) Heather said:
thanks, golden eagle!

i washed my hair last night and then sprayed it with salt water and left it alone. it sectioned itself a little but no knots or tangles. i really don't think i'll be able to wait two or three years like some to see knots start to form. i'm hoping i'll see something happening in the next month or two.

updated by @opaulao: 07/23/15 04:11:29PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I know hundreds of natural dread heads and not 1 of them had to wait years to see any progress, not even the ones that started from a shaved head. Natural taking longer is a myth. I went 100% natural with both of my sets of dreads and I had knotty defined sections in a week. I had knots in 24 hours. My hair was pretty soft and silky with a bit of wave to it. Everyone's hair is different but I bet you wouldn't have to wait too long to see some progress. Wash with baking soda and use the sea salt spray if u need to then see what happens you may be surprised at how quickly you see progress. Many Blessings
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
*phew* good to know. hopefully i'll be one of the lucky ones to see knotting in just a couple of weeks:) Paula said:
oh it won't be 3 years...many people see some progress in the first month and most everyone has good knotting happening by 6 months, the longer the hair the faster it dreads too, If you can get a wool tam or a wool sweater over your pillow that'll speed the process too :)

Heather said:
thanks, golden eagle!

i washed my hair last night and then sprayed it with salt water and left it alone. it sectioned itself a little but no knots or tangles. i really don't think i'll be able to wait two or three years like some to see knots start to form. i'm hoping i'll see something happening in the next month or two.
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
thanks, naturalwomyn! i really envie your dreads. your picture is one of the reasons i wanted to try natural instead of tnr.can i ask why this is your second set of dreads? what happened the first time around?i think going natural is perfect for me. i was 'ocd'ing with the backcombed set. making sure the sections were just right, trying to keep the frizz down, etc. with natural i've just left it alone like i did with my brushable hair before. i'm a little nervous about keeping the sections small and avoiding mondo dreads but right now it's not even knotted so i'll figure it out when it starts to do something.you said do the baking soda wash but do i still do the acv rinse after? my hair is pretty dry right now because of the sea salt spray. can i add my tea tree eo to the wash? NaturalWomyn said:
I know hundreds of natural dread heads and not 1 of them had to wait years to see any progress, not even the ones that started from a shaved head. Natural taking longer is a myth. I went 100% natural with both of my sets of dreads and I had knotty defined sections in a week. I had knots in 24 hours. My hair was pretty soft and silky with a bit of wave to it. Everyone's hair is different but I bet you wouldn't have to wait too long to see some progress. Wash with baking soda and use the sea salt spray if u need to then see what happens you may be surprised at how quickly you see progress. Many Blessings
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Thank you for the compliment sweetie! IMO natural is great because you know that whatever your hair is doing it's OK! As long as you keep them separated they will be amazing in time.

My first set of dreads I started when I was 16 and I had them for a few years. I wore them up in a high ponytail constantly, like 24/7 even to sleep! and I wasn't really able to wear them down comfortably I also was going through a lot of negativity in my life so I decided to make a fresh start and let em go!

If you feel like your hair is super dry you can give the ACV a try and see what happens but remember that dry hair does dread faster. The conditioning effects of the ACV may slow your progress down a bit. The maylees works great! I like to alternate it with the baking soda. 2 washes maylees, 1wash BS. It keeps my hair from getting too dry. Tea tree is great to add to the BS wash! Heather said:

thanks, naturalwomyn! i really envie your dreads. your picture is one of the reasons i wanted to try natural instead of tnr.

can i ask why this is your second set of dreads? what happened the first time around?

i think going natural is perfect for me. i was 'ocd'ing with the backcombed set. making sure the sections were just right, trying to keep the frizz down, etc. with natural i've just left it alone like i did with my brushable hair before. i'm a little nervous about keeping the sections small and avoiding mondo dreads but right now it's not even knotted so i'll figure it out when it starts to do something.

you said do the baking soda wash but do i still do the acv rinse after? my hair is pretty dry right now because of the sea salt spray. can i add my tea tree eo to the wash?

NaturalWomyn said:

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form