Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

update.....back to square one

Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
Thanks to everyone who responded to my rectangle sections post. I really hated the sections from day one and since I was only 2 weeks in I decided to comb them out. It really only took me about an hour since the backcombing had pretty much fallen out. I wish i had found this site before I did them. I didn't know that there were so many ways to do dreadlocks. After reading the forums I'm thinking about either t&r or just going natural. My hair is so soft though that I might have to do some t&r no matter what. I'm going to do some more reading on here to make sure I do it right this time:)
updated by @heather: 02/14/15 02:33:57AM
orbit2332
@orbit2332
14 years ago
65 posts
good luck im sure ull be much happier with the new ones
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
Thanks! Ya, I figured I was going to have these for a long time so if I hated them at two weeks then I would probably hate them at 10 years. The sections drove me nuts and I even had a few at the back that were huge and probably would've been a problem later.
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
Thanks! I hope so:) orbit2332 said:
good luck im sure ull be much happier with the new ones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well go natural starting todayu can always t& r in a month if theyre not dreading at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
if i do natural then how do you wash your hair without undoing the knots? soaringeagle said:
well go natural starting today
u can always t& r in a month if theyre not dreading at all
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
you can use the baking soda soak to wash. just pour it on let it sit then rinse. then apple cider vinegar. There are recipes everywhere :)A sea salt spray would probably help you a ton. If you decide to TnR, you can spray with sea salt before and let it dry before you start. that will give your soft hair a rougher texture and make it knot more.
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
my sections now are completely different then the day I back-combed them. Your hair will find its own way no matter what.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Don't think you will have to start your dreadlocks with twist and rip. Begin with twist and rip because you want a specific size of sectioning and/or a specific number of dreadlocks.My hair is like yours all we need is a little bit of texture. Look into salt water sprays on occasion. If you intend on washing your hair with a mixture of baking soda add a little bit of salt to it and let the mixture set for a little bit before you rinse it out.If you end up just allowing your hair to do its thing you still have control over the size of the sections by pulling them apart.In the end regardless of how you start you are still going to have to let your hair what it is going to do and be patient with yourself.
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
thanks, golden eagle!i washed my hair last night and then sprayed it with salt water and left it alone. it sectioned itself a little but no knots or tangles. i really don't think i'll be able to wait two or three years like some to see knots start to form. i'm hoping i'll see something happening in the next month or two. GoldenEagle said:
Don't think you will have to start your dreadlocks with twist and rip. Begin with twist and rip because you want a specific size of sectioning and/or a specific number of dreadlocks.

My hair is like yours all we need is a little bit of texture. Look into salt water sprays on occasion. If you intend on washing your hair with a mixture of baking soda add a little bit of salt to it and let the mixture set for a little bit before you rinse it out.

If you end up just allowing your hair to do its thing you still have control over the size of the sections by pulling them apart.

In the end regardless of how you start you are still going to have to let your hair what it is going to do and be patient with yourself.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form