Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i went to...

Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
i went to the beach today, i didn't get my hair wet, but im sure that the wind brought sand in my hair. is this a bad thing. i didn't wash my hair when i got home, and my hair is lookin good, its extremely tangly, and seems to already be sectioning..should i wash it though?
updated by @julie-ellis: 01/13/15 08:46:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
why the hell didnt u get it wet a swim in the ocean is the absolute best thing u can do for dreads ever!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
^gotta agree, I've been going to the beach alot lately, (yay for hurricane waves) and it's been amazing for my hair, immediately afterwards I have alot of loose hairs, but they feel so rough that they join with other hair quite fast,on a side note, these same waves have been really rough so I was turned into a ragdoll a few times and get plenty of sand/seaweed to deal with to (seaweed is terrible get it out fast) the sand will wash out pretty easy, I haven't taken a shower to deal with the sand for good yet (waiting till my regular soap day) but it's not detrimental, if the little sand you might have leftover from just water washing still itches, then just clean it out well at home.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if your dreads ae loose enough to get sand inside them it should fall right out when dry and shakenif your dreads are tight sand will only be on the surface and ahain shake right out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
oh i didn't even notice you meant that wind was getting sand in your hair, Definitely always at least get your locks soaked in the ocean, it really is imo the best natural thing to speed it up and help them tighten, If i can stand getting destroyed by waves here and getting sand and seaweed in it you should be ok,
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
haha, i had no idea. i live in galveston. so im right on the gulf. i guess ill go tomorrow, and wash my hair the next day. awesome, thanks guys!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form