Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

question about one side of my head

Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
i have a question on (you guessed it) loose hairs.So i have somewhat of a lopsided set to begin with. more dreads on the left side of my head than my right. anyway, i have a ton of loose hair on my right side, zero on my left side. the funny part is, my left side is the side i sleep on.Anyway, i was wanting some advice. the loose hairs are enough to make 3 or 4 new dreads with good sized sections. bad part is, theyre only about as long as my pinky, where as my dreads are a few feet. should i combine the hairs with a dread, or should i let them form new dreads? Thus far, i have been twisting them around my finger to try to keep them into sections to see what they do. and so far the sections have held through a few washes.If i let them form new dreads, they will take care of a lot of the gaps that are on my right side that my left side doesnt have.though im going to have very short dreads very obviously there with a bunch of long dreads for a few years. How does that look on somebody? lol.anyway what im asking is 2 things. Why does this happen to only one side of the head, and if i should combine or let dread on its own. i have included some pics.edit: im thinking of ripping one or 2 to even out the right side. im thinking the big one that covers my ear. what do you think?
updated by @jackal: 01/13/15 08:46:01PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I think you should do whatever you think is best! T & R the loose hairs is a great option though. Don't worry about them not all being the same length, especially if it will help fill in the gaps. My hubby's dreads are more than 4 years old and some go down to the middle of his back and some are shoulder length, it looks great!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form