Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My one month update! Loose hair is driving me nuts

Aloha
@aloha
14 years ago
7 posts
What's up guys,Just reached my one month of having dreadlocks yesterday, and so far it's looking good. just the loose hair is bothering me on some day, well not really although their are times i just want to grab my crochet and maintain it lolAlso my hair is really straight and thick. I have done zero maintenance since day 1 and I pretty much let them do whatever they want. I hope I am doing it right. any tips for the loose hair sticking out?

Let me know what you guys think?
updated by @aloha: 02/14/15 04:39:56AM
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
why s the loose hair bothering u? everybody has loose hair... only tip i can give u is wear a hat.wooly hat (tam) will keep your hair more together... and if its the look what s bothering u, u wont see it, cause it will be in a hat ;)dont crochet it!
Denney Coning
@denney-coning
14 years ago
16 posts
Your always going to have loose hair. Just get used to it. Soaringeagle gave me the best advice right after I started my dreads and was worried about loose hairs, and if they were locking, and loops, and on and on. He said "just forget that you have hair." After a couple of months you will have to start separating congos, if you want to. Until then put on a knit hat or tie a bandanna on your head and just forget about it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
throw away the crochet hoiook\u dont want to crochet everthey look great wait 2 more monThs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
those dreaded up naturally and blunted all by themselves in one month??????
Aloha
@aloha
14 years ago
7 posts
the loose hair doesn't really bothering me. just a little worried if it's normal to be the way they are right now. i usually wear a headband to keep in style since i'm not able to tie them back yet, but i'm still loving my dreads. it just feels soo cool and it's very different from my previous hair styles...as for the crochet hook, i don't ever plan on using it since i don't want to maintain them every so often. it's too very time consuming for me, and after reading the information i found on this site i'm glad i didn't maintain them since it damages your hair and it wont mature properly.NaturalWomyn - negative, i started them off with a crochet hook then did zero maintenance after that. just the baking soda/acv wash every 2-4 days.thanks everyone for the feedback! keep em coming.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the starting em with the hiok caused more loose hair then is normal, but theyt will recover and get better over time

--
Aloha
@aloha
14 years ago
7 posts
whew, that's a relieve. i'm glad that it's normal and i can't wait till i reach my 4th month mark.here one more picture from the front view. and yes, i am a filipino. haha

aloha!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
really id hope they loosen and get more fuzzy b4 recovering so u loose the harssh crochetted lookso they get more naturAL LOOKING

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
oh ok that's what I thought! I was confused by the "have done zero maintenance from day 1" LOL! Thanks for clarifying. Aloha said:
the loose hair doesn't really bothering me. just a little worried if it's normal to be the way they are right now. i usually wear a headband to keep in style since i'm not able to tie them back yet, but i'm still loving my dreads. it just feels soo cool and it's very different from my previous hair styles...

as for the crochet hook, i don't ever plan on using it since i don't want to maintain them every so often. it's too very time consuming for me, and after reading the information i found on this site i'm glad i didn't maintain them since it damages your hair and it wont mature properly.

NaturalWomyn - negative, i started them off with a crochet hook then did zero maintenance after that. just the baking soda/acv wash every 2-4 days.

thanks everyone for the feedback! keep em coming.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form