Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I can't keep them apart!

Emily Smith
@emily-smith
14 years ago
31 posts
Does anyone know of someway to help keep my dreadies apart better? I have to rip them apart everrryyy night to keep them separate. They just want to eat each other and turn into one massive knot around the roots. It's crazy, cause sometimes you can lift one dread and about 6 more come with it.Help! It's a pain to have to rip them apart every night. If it is the only thing to do then I will do it, but if there is any tips they would be greatly appreciated!
updated by @emily-smith: 01/13/15 08:45:08PM
Alex Angam
@alex-angam
14 years ago
47 posts
maybe try it when wet? they should rip easier that way.
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
You may try sleeping on a satin pillow case, or ware a satin cap to sleep, the hair will slide over it, instead of being snagged and moved around like a cotton or wool pillow case would do. Tho, that probably isn't going to cure it all, just being smooshed between your head and whatever your sleeping on will cause your roots to combine some. But I can see satin really helping out a bit.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Well you might try keeping some of them seperated by putting some beads.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
make sure u seperate totaly to the scalp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
Wraps might be a viable option as well.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
totally do that...in my first month, my dreads ate each other like famished dogs...When I separated, I only grabbed two dreads and pulled them apart till they stopped ripping. Then I realized that the roots had crossed hairs, hairs from one section going into another dread...so now when I separate instead of just pulling, I grab the connecting hairs and break them. I have more loose hair now, 2-3 inches long(the dangers of poor sectioning) but I have to separate a lot less often ...I love my loose hair anyway :) soaringeagle said:
make sure u seperate totaly to the scalp
Emily Smith
@emily-smith
14 years ago
31 posts
I make sure to separate completely to the scalp. I actually usually start by ripping them apart at the scalp, then down towards the end of the dread. I also try to do most of my ripping when wet. Thank you guys for the advice! I will have to try a few of these out.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form