Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new dreads! loose hairs and such

Johnny
@johnny
14 years ago
3 posts
hey guys! so ive been done with my dreads for mabe around a week or two. ( i used the backcombing meathod) And i have this one dread that really doesnt look like a dread. It looks kinda like just a bunch of hair stuck together. Yea ino that sounds stupid cuz thats basically what a dread is, but i mean if you look at it, it looks as if i just took a section of hair and im holding it together.Now before you say anything, im aware that they are infant dreads, so i knew this was comming, but its just worrying me cuz its got lots of loose hair comming out of it, and i could definatly pull it apart super easily.I wouldnt mind it so much, but its the front dread on my left side. So its right out in the open.I washed my hair the other day, and it seems to only make more loose hairs come out of it, which again was expected.Sorry for bein such a nut, i just need some reassurance that ittl lock up. And any tips that could possibly help it. Maybe crochet them?Thanks a bunch
updated by @johnny: 01/13/15 08:45:07PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
don't worry about it. If it looks like it's gonna come apart, slip a bead on it...that's all. Definitely don't crochet, that is super damaging and will result in even more loose hair that will need to be "fixed" ...just leave it alone.read this and you'll understand some more :) dreading the 1st few weeks of dreading
Johnny
@johnny
14 years ago
3 posts
yea ive calmed myself down since i posted this hahahaits all part of the journey. watching the magic of how the hair locks up is ana amazing process, at which im glad im experienceing.Im gonna totally stop looking in mirrors for a while. For some reason, if i thought something was wrong, id want to look in the mirrior, but if i dont look in the mirror, then i cant tell if anythings wrong or not, thus eliminating the problem all together.And yea i didnt want to crochet, id prefer to just let em lock naturally.Thanks for your post, it really helped me out :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
no do not crochet i hope u didnt wax eitherbackcombing fakkls apart thats what backcomb does its a very poor methodu shyoulda twist and ripped or gone naturalbut just do nothing..it will dread give it timethe rest most likely will fall apart too..let em they will dreadif u insist throww a bead on it that will helpbut no crochet thats a very bad idea

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Johnny
@johnny
14 years ago
3 posts
nahh i didnt wax hahaha i was gonna but i decided against it at the last secondglad i did. and i wasnt gonna crochet either so no worries about thati backcombed, yea it may have been a poor choice, but its done now. saying i should have done this wont get me anywhere but mad at myself for doing a bad method.so im just gonna let my hair lock, the way it should, me leaving it totally alone now that im at this stage
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form