Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Anyone else? Crochet.. New growth

Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Anyone else start out with crochet n then let em go natural? I'm just wonderin how my new growth is gna turn out..? Cuz my dreads are less than half the size of my sections but now that the new growth is comin (n not dreading) it's like completely different than my dreads started with crochet. I just wna kno if I'm gna have like fat new growth dreads with skinny n tighter ends? Cuz that wouldn't look good. Or is the only way to keep it lookin good to keep crocheting.? Anyone else have this problem or been thru it? Any advice..?
updated by @atom: 01/13/15 08:44:50PM
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Well crap.. They dnt gotta match exactly, Im more concerned about the size difference. It's been like a month or so without crocheting. Most of them feel like natural dreads now. Maybe a lil tighter. I just don't want the new growth to be like the complete opposite of my dreads now.. The plan is to just take the wraps out in like a week n let em be.. In another month I'll have over an inch of the new growth I'm talkin about. It just dnt seem like it's gna dread by itself.. But I'm waitin it out.

Knottysleeves said:
If you want the texture of the new growth to exactly match your crocheted areas, then yeah, you'll have to keep crocheting.How long ago did you stop the crocheting? You've been trying lots of different things like wrapping, right? You should really just leave them alone for awhile and let the new growth settle. It needs time to merge with the crocheted portions. Once it settles in, you'll probably find there's nothing that needs "fixing".
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
it will dread by itself take them out now and the crochet needs toime to recover and new growth dread they will equalize most likely in 2 more monthsstop messin with emlet the crochet loosen and puff out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Aight I ain't gna mess with em.. I like the wraps tho, gives em some color. But I'll take em out n see how it goes. My hair knots up so much easier once it's bleached so I should be good now.

soaringeagle said:
it will dread by itself take them out now and the crochet needs toime to recover and new growth dread they will equalize most likely in 2 more monthsstop messin with emlet the crochet loosen and puff out
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form