Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Removing waxed dreads - I'm going for it

Dane McMillen
@dane-mcmillen
14 years ago
24 posts
I ordered the body splash. Right now my head is half dreaded. Backcombed and drenched in wax. I'm going to use hot water, dish soap, and lots of conditioner to attempt to remove as much of the "dreads" and wax right now as possible. Then comb 'em out and completely remove all the wax and start over all natural. I think I'll cut an inch or two of the dead ends off too since my hair is all damaged now. I never thought I'd be this committed to dreadlocks, as this all started about two weeks ago when a friend asked if she could dread my hair. She's gunna be pissed that I'm taking them out as she's put a lot of work into it already. Oh well, live and learn. I am excited to start this process and be doing this the natural way. Any tips shoot 'em my way.
updated by @dane-mcmillen: 01/13/15 08:44:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how pissed can she be when she waxed u up? u should be pissed but u should also make sure she knows wax is bad for dreadstips just keep em clean and seperate when they try to join..thats it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dane McMillen
@dane-mcmillen
14 years ago
24 posts
I just took 'em all out. Man, it hurt putting 'em in and it hurt just as bad taking them out. Lesson learned. Bottom line is they are out and I'm pretty sure I killed most the wax with dish soap. I already ordered the body splash so I'm gunna use that too when it comes, main as well right. I lost a lot of hair in the process too lol. Oh well. I had a talk with the girl, were still friends. She just calls me "the trader" now. As a joke. She doesn't get it. Oh well. The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is if I should cut an inch or two of the dead ends off. Or are dead ends not really a big deal? The ends are pretty beat up.
Dane McMillen
@dane-mcmillen
14 years ago
24 posts
Hey thanks for the advice. I actually already undreaded my whole head. I washed the dreads in dish soap first and then soaked em in conditioner and combed em out. It took a while and I ended up pulling out a lot of hair but it worked. Right now my hair is perfectly straight and wax free (i think). I am still going to wash it with the body spray when it comes this week to make sure and then start the all natural process of doing em minus the fact that i'll probably be doing some twisting and ripping since i have super straight thin hair.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form