Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

There all going together :(

Sam Adams
@sam-adams
14 years ago
19 posts
I feel like im totally freaking for for no reason with the things ive been reading but I still cant help but panic my dreads are going totally downhill. The ones at the bottom alot of them seem to be dreading together and I have so many loose hairs and there roots need fixed and I feel totally alone. Its hard for me to do it myself and plus no one knows what to do or how to help. I have my hair pulled back alot because of work and I just keep it pulled back and I think its taking a toll on my locks. There all loopy and there are random spots where theres a complete knot in the middle of my dread. Some of the ones on top of my head in the back are almost coming out and I just dont know what to do. I was going to crochet but I heard its HORRIBLE for your hair. And I started with the backcombing method. And I also read not to wax? I feel totally stuck and I have no clue how to begin to wean my locks back to life lol. I need any tips possible. What way is the best and looks the best? I cant be having totally wild locks at work.
updated by @sam-adams: 02/14/15 11:24:29AM
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
You are freaking out for no reason, believe me. This is dreadlocks...everything you are describing is normal and to be expected. The hair will dread as it is supposed to, it does not need your help. There will be loops and bumps and what not and it will sort itself out...DO NOT WAX OR CROCHET. Don't even think about it! You will go from freak out to ballistic, trust me. Dreads take time. You are only 2 mos. in and the roots will take awhile to tighten up and the loose hairs will find their way in eventually. Look around at the forum, study some of the timelines of other members. From what I have seen, real progress begins to show up at the 6 month mark. Realize that you will have good days and bad and you can not rush this process. Give yourself another 10 mos. before you start thinking you gotta "fix" stuff and then when their a year old say wow and realize there was never anything to fix.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
hang in there :)how old are they now btw?first couple of month-ish range?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
only thing u should be doing is seperating them so they dont grow together everythung else is just them dreadingdont keep em tied back all the time tho and seperate after they were tied back a long time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shuk Coot
@shuk-coot
14 years ago
17 posts
i know how you feel, been there.. had my dreads waxed and backcombed, gotta tie em up everyday to go to uni. Having wax on my dreads just doesnt feel right, so decided to wash it off after a week. The wax wont come off with just washing it. Then my dreads started to do the things that you described above. But now, im already near the end of my de-waxing journey. Dreadlocks without wax feel much better and its dreading faster.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
On top of what Panterra Caraway stated.Seriously don't bother looking at your hair in the mirrors. If you have to look at your dreads look at your shadow.Go outside and enjoy the wind.Be patient with yourself. If you have crazy loops developing now your dreadlocks are fine. The basic definition of dreadlocks is "Sections of matted and knotted hair."
Sam Adams
@sam-adams
14 years ago
19 posts
Yup, 2 months. Iain said:
hang in there :)
how old are they now btw?
first couple of month-ish range?
Sam Adams
@sam-adams
14 years ago
19 posts
Yeah, I washed my dreads last night thinking I was going to start crocheting them and they should be clean for that. Then I looked around a little more and decided not too. But When I was about to go to sleep last night I was feeling them and I could feel the wax chillin in my dread. It felt so dirty! I heard dish soap? So I think im gunna try that now. Shuk Coot said:
i know how you feel, been there.. had my dreads waxed and backcombed, gotta tie em up everyday to go to uni. Having wax on my dreads just doesnt feel right, so decided to wash it off after a week. The wax wont come off with just washing it. Then my dreads started to do the things that you described above. But now, im already near the end of my de-waxing journey. Dreadlocks without wax feel much better and its dreading faster.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Hi! You really should know that everything you're experiencing is normal to the dreading process. 2 months is a really short amount of time so don't freak out! You do need to rip apart the sections when they try to knot together before it gets really hard to do and I would buy a hat if i were you. Tying your hair back all the time isn't good for them. many blessings
Shuk Coot
@shuk-coot
14 years ago
17 posts
yeah, but not to worry, the wax will come off over time consider washing it with the right elements. Knottyboy Wax is made of beeswax, so olive oil or almond oil should do the trick. Rubbing it on the waxed locs, then give it a hot rinse, lemon juice could get rid of the grease from the olive oil. The wax wont come off over one wash tho. Im not really sure about Dish soap. Theres a Bodysplash that also work wonders, heres the link http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dread-wax-removal-is-finally . :) Sam Adams said:
Yeah, I washed my dreads last night thinking I was going to start crocheting them and they should be clean for that. Then I looked around a little more and decided not too. But When I was about to go to sleep last night I was feeling them and I could feel the wax chillin in my dread. It felt so dirty! I heard dish soap? So I think im gunna try that now.

Shuk Coot said:
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form