Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

peppermint sea salt spray

Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
hey everyone, I am gradually using less and less of the seasalt spray and am right now using it on the days I dont shower. I was wondering If I could put peppermint oil in the bottle and how much so my hair can smell good on those days. and while on the topic how many drops should I put in the bs mixture?
updated by @joe-muir: 01/13/15 08:44:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
very very lil pepermint can be extremely overpowering cause your nose to run out of control eyes tear and burn it shouldnt be used as a scent since its a medicine often used for relieving congestion sunce its so strong and will make all your mucouse flush out like crazy u get a dread near your eye and you'll be sotrrywhy would u want your dreads to smell like mint anywaytheres alot more pleaseant smells then smelling like toothpaste

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
I always liked the smell. I dont know why I just love it
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Peppermint is a remedy or medicine as SE mentioned, used for dandruff and scalp issues as well as a powerful decongestant, great as a rub on sore muscles and awesome to take internally in tea form for digestive issues, much like rosemary just WAY stronger.If you use it as a scent use very little like 2 drops with 10 drops orange oil in a glass fine mist spray bottle. Spray on a light mist on your hair not scalp. (Orange can burn your skin in the sun thats why on hair only)Peppermint is an age old favorite for foods too, look at candy canes and after dinner mint and chocolate mint, people love it :)
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
i do have dry scalp ever since I got dreads. I have dandruff and itchies and was hopeing it would help as well as smell good. I also have tea tree.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I add 6-10 drops of Peppermint oil to 2 table spoons of baking soda in about 2 cups of water and pour it over my scalp and hair in the shower and let it soak in while I wash. I have gotten it in my eyes a few times you have to be careful but you learn to avoid that eventually ;)Works like a charm for me, I have a healthy scalp now. I had dandruff and scalp issues before dreading even and it works better than head and shoulders ever did. Joe muir said:
i do have dry scalp ever since I got dreads. I have dandruff and itchies and was hopeing it would help as well as smell good. I also have tea tree.
Natty Dave
@natty-dave
14 years ago
56 posts
use some dr bronners peppermint, using peppermint in sea salt just seems like a bad mix and you generally want to keep the salt off your scalp, and the peppermint vice versa.sounds like you could use the acv to help your scalp if you have not been, there are also herbs you can use to make a tea out of and rinse that through your hair periodically and over time should help with the dandruff and dry scalp. knotty boy does have a really nice peppermint cooling spray though, i had a bottle and it was wonderful, killed itchiness and smelled super good, so maybe look into the ingredients for that and see what's really in it and maybe we can find a home made version and throw the recipe up on here; it would be great to have a home recipes section or something
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form