Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is it still there?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
jess its 6 am i should be asleep but i felt bad about how i stated that and wanna apoligizebut you see..to me it makes semnce that if using a product caused cancer in 98% of everyone who used it 5 years afterr using it then ya not only shpuld not use it but take preventative measures to avoid getting cancer..right?so if everyome online with dreads over 5 years says dont use it and only ppl under 3 years say its fine (unless theyree on theyre 2nd or 3rd set alreasdy wax free)and if most of those say it will almost be guarantereed the reason u loose yoir dreads prematurelythen seriusly.. what harm could there really be in trying to remove it?im not telling you to remove it..im asking you.. wheres the harm in it?if trying to get as much out as possible gives u a better chance at having dreads inm 10 years..is the effort not worth it? is it a stuburn streak that makes u think u gotta do it yoir way no matter what evdryone sdays?we are just trying to help yathats allyour dreads are too pretty to have to start all over in a few yearsholdonhere http://mamamojo.wordpress.com/2008/07/15/the-dreadlocked-mess-momster/ a freindwax disaster but she recovered fully although to do so had to start over completely by combing it all outofcoursde she was steered way wrong and used a tonbut if u insist i can drag up example after example of people harmed by only using it twiceincluding those who were 100% sure they were wax free after only usingit twice only to find it years later when they had to cutaericks dreads are bound to get mouldy dure to the forced rounded tips and the wax..its not a guarantee they will but a high probabilityafter washoming do they smell like wet dog? if u dont condituon do they get stiff hardand dry?with dreads alotta problems might not be easy to see with the eye and can be easily ignored if u cover symptoms with productsthe real dangers from whats going oninside where u cant see

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 06:14:14AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i aghree with you that ppl should see every option and have info on the good or bad about it..anmd im not sayong you did bad you did bad you should be spanked ..no in fact i see this same thing alllllll the time yes theyre mistakes but theyre mistakes that became common practice and is why you see so many on theyre 3rd even 4th set of dreads beforee they reach 20my whole ppint of this latest rant has nothing to do with what ya did.. its what yoiur ressisting doing outta stuburness ..and thats simply cleanning oit the wax thats already in thrre that ya admit is a mistakeyou want neat clean dreads fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiineim trying to help you acheive that so they dont start to stink and get caked in grime..wax is responsible for the whole dreads being dirty myth..without removing it u cant avoid dirt buildupim not trying to fight you or disrerspect you here just trying to help youyour welcome to spend as much time as u want overmaintaining your dreads but..if u hope they last at all..clean the gunk out..thats alleven the abuse of overworking isnt as devadstating as waxing or leaving wax in isseverely weakened dreads iu might bereak 1 off here or there no big deal..but it wont result in having to cut em all like wax doesu seem to have a hard time taking advice unless it matches exactly what u think u aslready knowe..and i understand that..but you shouldnt take it as a personal attack when ppl are tryimng to help ui never said dont roll or root rub or your a bad person i just said they dont do much good if any and do more dammage then its worth..thats a fact..your welcome to do as u pleasse..but am i suposed to not tell ya u can be harming your hsair?if i dont tell you then its like not telling the other 500 ppl wbho read it without signing upwhen u post advice online your not just posting for 1 person..but for hundreds even thousands who may read it over years of timeso u cant just leave out important info like dammage just to keep 1 person from becomming upsetits no disrespect to you i really like ya and think of u as a freindbut u do get overly sensative about this..and overly stuburn and resistent to any ideas but your own and aericks

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Orange and the Green...=/"Do as thou wilt.." XD
Lost
@lost
15 years ago
22 posts
heya imma try to toss in a nutral perspective here an mitigate some hard feelens, first of dont shoot cause i get ya bolth lol,to SE, think thats realy all that can be said here, you got valid points about the dmege but im allot like jess in my stubberness, somtimes i cant see the forest fer the tree in front of me cause its defys me the right to climb it, an the more i fall out of the tree the more i try to climb it, forgive my writting style btw :) i tottaly get your perspective on dreads being a life choice, but for some it just has to be the impact in there mind that lasts the lifetime not the dreads themselfsTo jess, its realy just concern, an i see what ya mean about haven to have profesional dreads, my advice would be to look for a rout to attain that with somthen with a better trade off but w/e fits you, dont let peoples care get to confused with controll, cause its realy just se wanting the best for ya, you got an awsome compasionet persinality an dreads fit ya well in my opinion.To sunnyday looks like your thread got stollen lol, id sugest looken into what ells you can do to get an all pro no cons maintnence system. but im just a dreadbie as of yet (1 month into my juorny now)
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
I'm just gonna blurt out my feelings - I'm not angry but a little dissapointed here. We wanted this forum to avoid such heated debates and let us all admit - wax causes the most heated debates in the dreadlock community.But I'm not here to talk about wax - I'm not for it and I'm not against it. I'm like that with just about everything in life. I choose not to be biased but to sit on the fence and look at both sides to the story.Now, when we put our ideas together and created this forum, I like to think I had a little bit to do with the whole grouping aspect. a group for natural, a group for backcombing, a group for salon and just about a group for everything conflicting with dreads.The groups were created to prevent people from feeling intimidated or slammed because they use a method that someone else is against. So If you have backcombed your dreads, please join the backcombing group - and dont turn around and go into the natural group and tell them their method is a complete waste of fucking time and vice versa. By all means, go into the natural group, and take their advice however you want to and dont criticise their methods.And the people with naturally created and maintained locks, feel free to visit the backcombing group but if you have anything negative to say - say it in your natural/neglect group - dont put your negative feelings in the backcombing group. This way, the groups remain positive and people dont feel intimidated.If new people come in looking for advice, they can then go to both groups, read all the information provided and make an informed decision that way. If they choose to just join the backcombing or a wax group without looking at all the facts laid out in the table in the natural group - then thats their problem!thats how i feel. As I said I like to think I'm a fair and open person and you will have noticed on this forum that I have not said word about wax either positively or negatively and that is for a reason!
Cello.
@cello
15 years ago
14 posts
Umm, I didn't read everyones post because it looked like it got out of hand.. But to try and help this fellow dreadhead, just use hot water when you shower and try and squeeze the wax out and eventually it'll come out. Dreads take time and so does removing wax, ahha. Good luck holmes.
Kookii
@kookii
15 years ago
15 posts
oh wow i read this whole thing and tbh it kinda dissapoints me to...to see all this tension between especially between se and jess :'(i love you all and the choices you made. you made them becuz its what is best for you, despite what you hear or feel, and yea maybe you didnt have enough info on what method you chose to take but whatever, everyone journey is different and people have that right to choose different paths.i back combed...i will also say that there half assed and didn use wax even though i have thought about it many a time and time again for i want them to look neat but you know what? whatever, i will do what i think is best for mine whether i choose to put wax in after not using it thus far into the game.in the end were all thinking "you know what? i have what i wanted and thats alright with me" we all made this choice, some just have more pactience then others.we are here as a family not parents who are estranged and getting divorced. i feel for you jess...getting somewhere in this fucked up society as most people do indeed think that dreadlocks are yucky and nasty and to be someone who looks like as neat as you can get them it might make it less harder for you to be the professional that you can be with what you've chosen..i myself would like to go into psychology and be a drug counsulor...and being a dreadhead how do you think people are going to think of me? just by the reputations that people have made and spread around...like being dirty hippies...not all of us are dirtyand se i feel yoou to what works for you may or may not for someone else, seeing as your of the white race as are many people here your opinions on whats best can help others in there time of chosing a path aside from the straight lined hair that most of us tend to have. you have pacience, as i dont. and i do take into consideration what you have to say. yet i still hesitate on some things like avoiding palm rolling and whatever but hey thats what i think is best for me...i know i dont really post much about things like this only becuz i still have alot to learni hope not to have this be offensive and if it does then oh well...eventually you'll get over it and if not then your taking peoples thoughts to seriously and chill out a little bit (im not picking on anyone im telling this to everyone)aka if you dont like what i i look like...well...no one is making you look at me so...dont look bascially Kath said:
I'm just gonna blurt out my feelings - I'm not angry but a little dissapointed here. We wanted this forum to avoid such heated debates and let us all admit - wax causes the most heated debates in the dreadlock community.

But I'm not here to talk about wax - I'm not for it and I'm not against it. I'm like that with just about everything in life. I choose not to be biased but to sit on the fence and look at both sides to the story.

Now, when we put our ideas together and created this forum, I like to think I had a little bit to do with the whole grouping aspect. a group for natural, a group for backcombing, a group for salon and just about a group for everything conflicting with dreads.

The groups were created to prevent people from feeling intimidated or slammed because they use a method that someone else is against. So If you have backcombed your dreads, please join the backcombing group - and dont turn around and go into the natural group and tell them their method is a complete waste of fucking time and vice versa. By all means, go into the natural group, and take their advice however you want to and dont criticise their methods.

And the people with naturally created and maintained locks, feel free to visit the backcombing group but if you have anything negative to say - say it in your natural/neglect group - dont put your negative feelings in the backcombing group. This way, the groups remain positive and people dont feel intimidated.

If new people come in looking for advice, they can then go to both groups, read all the information provided and make an informed decision that way. If they choose to just join the backcombing or a wax group without looking at all the facts laid out in the table in the natural group - then thats their problem!

thats how i feel. As I said I like to think I'm a fair and open person and you will have noticed on this forum that I have not said word about wax either positively or negatively and that is for a reason!
does it matter
@does-it-matter
15 years ago
31 posts
>dood this site is so much better than all this fucking fuss lately, kath, props. you said it perfectly, get over it everyone, move forward, take a deep breathe, something... okay, good everybodys back to being nice now right?
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
That and I think there was mention of some kind of citrus wash. I want to look into a certain kind of soap that mechanics use to get grease off of their hands, chances are it's not suitable for hair use but if for some reason it would be fine then that may be a quicker alternative.I don't think it's plausible to use the same method to get wax out of a rug...XD You take a moist paper towl, put it over the spot with the wax(after chipping out as much as possible) and use an iron on the lowest heat setting possible over the paper towel. Cello. said:
Umm, I didn't read everyones post because it looked like it got out of hand.. But to try and help this fellow dreadhead, just use hot water when you shower and try and squeeze the wax out and eventually it'll come out. Dreads take time and so does removing wax, ahha. Good luck holmes.
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
I am no expert on dreads SE but I see the SAME situation in terms of diet.People go on eating the same crap that everyone tells them too (because it is making people rich) and they say that there is nothing wrong with it because they don't experience anything negative from it.What they fail to realize is that when you eat stuff like gluten, sugar, processed grains, gmo corn, etc. you won't see any effects until YEARS. Then when something happens there is no way to trace it to those substance so we just chalk it up to "incidental illness". Then we take drugs and go on eating the poison.So I can understand how frustratiing it is when people refuse to heed warnings from people who have seen it happen and know the truth behind it. I know most people want to say that they won;t stop until something happens to them, and that is fine. I know it is always best to try things out for yourself. HOWEVER, you must use nature as your map/guidelines as you set your course through all of your trials.Eat naturally, dread naturally, live naturally... OUR NATURE IS JOY, LIVING NATURALLY IS LIVING JOYFULLY.A.K.A. TRUE LOVE soaringeagle said:
how deep did u look on google? 1 page? 2?
bet ya never got even close to gettinmg past the 10,0000 pages all pointing to dreadhead/kboylook on dread forums the most reputable being that 1 in taiwan i think knottylocks.tw or some4thing and hipforums dread forum theres 1 or 2 others butthe reason i dont like thewm is they get very unfreindly at timesbelieve me i have personaly seen many manmy disasters3/4 of the people on these sites are on theyre second set, 1st sets lasting a year..maybe 3.. and the number 1 reason they started over..waxive seen 2 year dreads combed out just to start over wax freeive seen wax used twice and still be found in dreads cut off almost 3 years lateri dont just make shot up to bug u for havoing a different opinion its all stuff ive seen over years helping ppl with dreads and its all mistakes i dont like seeing anyone makelookwe have 3 dreadies here with dreads over 15 yearsask all of em if any used wax i guarantee none didwe have maybe 10 or more with dreads over 10 yearsi guarantee not 1 of them used wax eitherofcourdse we got many under 3 years who didive only seen 1 in all my years that lasted 7 years and went on using wax..well heard about nort seen and i doubt id wanna see thatjess ya say youd not ise it again u didnt like the way it made u brealk, oit and all.. so if u didnt like it..why are you so resistent to the idea of removing it especialy knowing it giives ya a far better chance at having dreads that last?i dont understand that thinking at all..oh wait..aerick used wax so you gotyta too? is that it?i dont mean to sound bitchy either..but thats what it seems like..aerick can never make a mistake?i noticed he sure dont post his infaluable wisdom here muchif his methods are the most perfect methods why hasnt he shared them? or is it cayse he coppied em word for word from dreadhewadhq pushed theyre products like a good boy and regurgitated the same ol lies?im not saying it was intentional misleading just he followed the leader like youir doing ignoring logical wisdom choosing a temporary look over a permenant life choiceif u look on those sites they promice you mature looking dreads in weeks..and they sorta acheive it..but looks are deceiving theyre all gooped up together and take much longer to mature oftenm being cut long before they ever get close http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=374729&f=209 http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=189333&f=209 cant be bothered to look deeper those are only on 1st 2 pages but theres thousands of cases omn there of dreads cut from wax

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form