Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Scalp smelling unclean

Jamie2
@jamie2
14 years ago
25 posts
I don't smell it myself, but my mom has been telling me that my scalp smells dirty. I've had dreads for about a month, and I use either a fragrance-free shampoo with no residue (not doc. bronners but works) or diluted dishsoap. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also is it too early to try a salt soak? And how would I do that? Sorry for all the questions.
updated by @jamie2: 01/13/15 08:44:28PM
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
try the baking soda acv on it that should help...ur moms not like anti-dread and just thinking if she tells ya u stink youll get rid of em is she? i know how moms are sometimes after all i have way too many kids...and nah u can use salt anytime..i use it in a spray bottle
Jamie2
@jamie2
14 years ago
25 posts
ok so i just mix some baking soda with water and then the vinegar is just straight? it is safe to put vinegar on your scalp? my mom is kind of anti-dread, but she knows I'm not going to get rid of them, I don't know but just in case I want to try to wash my hair better. heather said:
try the baking soda acv on it that should help...ur moms not like anti-dread and just thinking if she tells ya u stink youll get rid of em is she? i know how moms are sometimes after all i have way too many kids...and nah u can use salt anytime..i use it in a spray bottle
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
mix about 1-2 tablspoons of B/S into 2 cups of water pour over ur head let it sit a while rinse...then mix 1-2 tablespoons vinegar into 2 cups of water pour over your head and then rinse voila all done Jamie said:
ok so i just mix some baking soda with water and then the vinegar is just straight? it is safe to put vinegar on your scalp? my mom is kind of anti-dread, but she knows I'm not going to get rid of them, I don't know but just in case I want to try to wash my hair better.
heather said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well let the bs soak 10 min the acv 3umm i assume she means it doesnt smell like shampooadd some rosemary to the bs/acv

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Humans have a real aversion to anything human these days, thank giant corps who pay billions of dollars to brainwash society to buy there chemical products!You likely smell normal, its just that society doesn't know what hat normal is.My scalp smells different now that I am chem free but not bad.
Jamie2
@jamie2
14 years ago
25 posts
I guess so, I don't really know
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
My hair doesn't smell like anything and my family knows I wash my hair on a regular basis.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form