Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

not too clean.........

Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
hey everyone, My hair isnt smelling too good (like dirt). Ive been using docter bronners and I dont know if Im using enough or too much or what. can anyone give me a good measurment for use? Ive been using an old shampoo bottle and how much should I squirt on at once? I havent been using too much at a time. and do I just put it on my scalp like I have been doing or squirt it on the dreads as well? and one more question. when doing avc/bs rinse do i put the oils in the viniger or bs mixture. and do i use cold water in between the bs/avc as well.sorry about all the questions guys. Im still a noob
updated by @joe-muir: 01/13/15 08:44:23PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
do u tie em up or put em in a towel or hat when damp?with bronners u want 12 times more water then soap and i would scrub the scalp then runce thru the dreadsbsacv i do add the oils to bothi do do the cold between usualy but not alwaysusualy a smell would be from having em tied up back or in a hat or towel when not dry enough

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
I dont tie them up. I do put a towel on after for about 2-5 minutes. I do scrub the scalp with it, should I put some on the dreads themselves? because I dont think any soap is actually getting on the dreads. and what is your measurment for dr. bronners when you did use it?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i wouldnt put em up in s towel at all i dont even use towels but if your gonna just rub lil then let em drip drythe soap will rince thru the dreads if u wash the scalp u can wash the dreads if u wantumm 12 times more water then soap so in a 12 inch bottle i put lil under an inch in the bottom then dill with waterdoing whte vinagar rince with lavander and stringer then usuual will help and dont bind em up till dry shake em out instead and go sit inn the sun

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
You want Dr.B's on all the hair...just like if were shampooing any way. What I usually do is is start everything on my scalp and then after I have some lather work it through my dreads. I also find my hair feels cleaner if I put oils only in the baking soda...but, I only use acv once in awhile because it loosens my knots. So, I use Dr. B's, rinse with warm, put baking soda and then rinse cold. I feel clean every time! Joe muir said:
I dont tie them up. I do put a towel on after for about 2-5 minutes. I do scrub the scalp with it, should I put some on the dreads themselves? because I dont think any soap is actually getting on the dreads. and what is your measurment for dr. bronners when you did use it?
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
thank you soaring eagle. you are too helpful. I know I ask alot of questions but I just want everything to go right
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
and thank you Panterra Caraway said:
You want Dr.B's on all the hair...just like if were shampooing any way. What I usually do is is start everything on my scalp and then after I have some lather work it through my dreads. I also find my hair feels cleaner if I put oils only in the baking soda...but, I only use acv once in awhile because it loosens my knots. So, I use Dr. B's, rinse with warm, put baking soda and then rinse cold. I feel clean every time!

Joe muir said:
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
i never understood bar soap. how would I use it on dreads?
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
just rub the bar on around and under the dreads :) Joe muir said:
i never understood bar soap. how would I use it on dreads?
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
would dr. bronners be just as good? and would a place that sells docter bronners also sell maylees?i too wonder if all that rubbing would cause some undreading
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form