Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

still itchy

❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Well my longest reach to my underarms(they're shrinking so they wont reach for long :P) what I use isa cup that fits just under 3 cups2tbsp of baking soda4 drops Tea tree6 drops Rosemary6 drops Peppermintthen a cup that fits 2 cups of water and a generous splash of acvIt's been working really well for me :D Andelynn said:
what do you think for brand new short baby dreads as far as amounts of the different ingredients?

updated by @opaulao: 07/11/15 04:20:25AM
Andelynn
@andelynn
14 years ago
50 posts
cool, thanx :) Paula said:
Well my longest reach to my underarms(they're shrinking so they wont reach for long :P) what I use is
a cup that fits just under 3 cups
2tbsp of baking soda
4 drops Tea tree
6 drops Rosemary
6 drops Peppermint

then a cup that fits 2 cups of water and a generous splash of acv

It's been working really well for me :D

Andelynn said:
First I just want to say I LOVE THIS SITE! Every time I have a question about something I just look and usually someone has already asked it - and so many kind people with great suggestions! Thank you!!! I was interested in this discussion because I have a problem with dandruff too - I don't have my dreads yet, but I'm getting ready! lol!
But one thing I was wondering, and it seemed to be touched on in this forum, is the measurements for the individual ingredients for the shampoo. I am thinking that the amounts that SE quoted in his post about taking care of dreads might be too much for me - so what do you think for brand new short baby dreads as far as amounts of the different ingredients?
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Another awesome ratio which I use is 1 tablespoon of baking soda per cup of water. The same goes for the apple cider vinegar (if you need more conditioning, then double the ratio for the acv 2:1 insteat of 1:1). I'm currently not using any oils, and while I still get some itchies from time to time, it's no where near as bad as it used to be. Andelynn said:
cool, thanx :)

Paula said:
Well my longest reach to my underarms(they're shrinking so they wont reach for long :P) what I use is
a cup that fits just under 3 cups
2tbsp of baking soda
4 drops Tea tree
6 drops Rosemary
6 drops Peppermint

then a cup that fits 2 cups of water and a generous splash of acv

It's been working really well for me :D

Andelynn said:
First I just want to say I LOVE THIS SITE! Every time I have a question about something I just look and usually someone has already asked it - and so many kind people with great suggestions! Thank you!!! I was interested in this discussion because I have a problem with dandruff too - I don't have my dreads yet, but I'm getting ready! lol!
But one thing I was wondering, and it seemed to be touched on in this forum, is the measurements for the individual ingredients for the shampoo. I am thinking that the amounts that SE quoted in his post about taking care of dreads might be too much for me - so what do you think for brand new short baby dreads as far as amounts of the different ingredients?

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form