Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

still itchy

Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
Hello everyone. I just did another bs/acv rinse. Im planning on doing one once a week and using dr.bronners every other time in the week because it takes too long. so back to the problem. my scalp still shows flaking and im still itchy. the bs/acv didnt stop it all. I did use 20 drops of tea tree oil. am I doing something wrong?
updated by @joe-muir: 02/14/15 09:41:12AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
use less teatree more rosemary and follow with freeezing cold rinses the cold rinses make a huge difference

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
How much water/baking soda do you use?Too much tea tree oil could cause itchiness too
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
I used a tablespoon of bs in a cup of water. and 2 splashes of acv in a cup.I dont have rosmary at the moment but ill pick some up next weekend when I do another rinse.I did use cold water after the acv. do I also use coldwater to wash off the baking soda too?
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Oh then 20 drops of teatree is definitely too much. You should only use 2-3 drops in that much water. Try to get your hands on some Rosemary. It's really the best at combating the itchies. If you manage to get it, 2 drops of tea tree and 4-5 drops of rosemary

Joe muir said:
I used a tablespoon of bs in a cup of water. and 2 splashes of acv in a cup. I dont have rosmary at the moment but ill pick some up next weekend when I do another rinse. I did use cold water after the acv. do I also use coldwater to wash off the baking soda too?
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
alright. I just asumed that since I didnt have rosmary or any other oils I could compensate with tea tree. mah bad
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
oh and thanks
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
No prob :)
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I use way more diluted, like 2 heaping tea spoons in almost half a pitcher of water. 15 drops of teatree, 25 rosemary and 15 lavender.
Andelynn
@andelynn
14 years ago
50 posts
First I just want to say I LOVE THIS SITE! Every time I have a question about something I just look and usually someone has already asked it - and so many kind people with great suggestions! Thank you!!! I was interested in this discussion because I have a problem with dandruff too - I don't have my dreads yet, but I'm getting ready! lol!But one thing I was wondering, and it seemed to be touched on in this forum, is the measurements for the individual ingredients for the shampoo. I am thinking that the amounts that SE quoted in his post about taking care of dreads might be too much for me - so what do you think for brand new short baby dreads as far as amounts of the different ingredients?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form