Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Alternative's to wax

shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts

i really need to use a wax type of product to pull all my loose hairs in and tidy the look up but i dont wanna use "Wax" but could you use say a thick aloe vera or sumthing??

updated by @shaun-saunders: 02/14/15 04:39:56AM
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
i know that you can use aloe vera gel or straight from the plant to neaten your dreads and stick down those loose hairs. As soaring eagle would say though, make sure it is Aloe Vera as other types of aloe are noxious and also dont buy the aloe vera sunburn cream if you buy the gel - make sure it is pure aloe vera.If you dont mind buying commercial dread products you could alos try KnottyBoy's Tightening gel - mix it with a bit of water in a spray bottle and spritz on to your hair when you want to neaten them.
shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
yer its just gettin to that fuzzy stage where hairs start comin lose and stuff so ill pull all them into my dreads
shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
man i know what you mean by broke but yer mine arent very long so theres about 60+ of em i seriously dont have that much time in my day or patience to do that lol
shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
wtf wasnt that post by aerek or sumthing????
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
aloe isnt a wax alternaticve..aloe is the only waty to go...wax is a crapy alternative to aloe that should be avoided

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
i cant really just let mine go coz i have to go to school and work they dont mind as long as they look tidy but i got hair comin everywhere so just something that will pull the hairs back to look tidy'er Jelly said:
wow, what a bunch of impatient folk. If you want it done quick and neat go to a freakin' salon. Dreads takes MONTHS to YEARS to cultivate. i had fuzzies, too. Now they are getting long enough to start forming their own dreads- three years later. the more you "add" stuff and fuck with them the weaker they'll be and the longer it will take before you start locking your hair. You can mat it up with goop, crochetting, or rolling, but dreads grow from the roots. matted hair ain't dreadlocks in my book. dreads are the growth AFTER you mat, knot, tangle, braid, twist, or roll your hair.

but to each their own. so many ppl treat this like a fad.

J
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
The 'i do' was for looking like a caveman not for the fad thing. I leave that subject alone, we all have different reasons for wanting dreads.
shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
anyways back to the subject anyone have alternatives??
Amber-Dawn Andersen
@amber-dawn-andersen
15 years ago
14 posts
well now as a new sister to this , i must say that i think it is unfair to say that because we have so many questions we are treating this as a fad, some of us are just unsure of how to start and maintain healthy dreads. i for one, after 3 people took 12 and a half hours to do my dreads, really don't want to fuck them up!!!! i thought very long and even harder before committing my life to my hair and i want to learn all i can! i think it is great that i can turn to a site like this where i will find folks that have made it through the "fuzzies" and such:) shaun saunders said:
i cant really just let mine go coz i have to go to school and work they dont mind as long as they look tidy but i got hair comin everywhere so just something that will pull the hairs back to look tidy'er

Jelly said:
wow, what a bunch of impatient folk. If you want it done quick and neat go to a freakin' salon. Dreads takes MONTHS to YEARS to cultivate. i had fuzzies, too. Now they are getting long enough to start forming their own dreads- three years later. the more you "add" stuff and fuck with them the weaker they'll be and the longer it will take before you start locking your hair. You can mat it up with goop, crochetting, or rolling, but dreads grow from the roots. matted hair ain't dreadlocks in my book. dreads are the growth AFTER you mat, knot, tangle, braid, twist, or roll your hair.

but to each their own. so many ppl treat this like a fad.

J
 / 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form