Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DR B's & Greasy Question

peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
So - I have been using dr b's baby gentle formula (many allergies). I have been using a few drops of tea tree dr b's every other time I was too. I am also using baking soda.My hair sems to be getting really, really greasy. My head does get greasy in general - but only if I go 4-5 days without washing. But it is like 5x what I am used to right now. It is hot, nasty texas summertime (until we move back to CO in 2 weeks!!!!!).I just showered. I ran out of basking soda - so just soap today. After it dried a bit - I was seperating. my hands feel coated - and possibly smell like dr b's. cannot tell...maybe it's my imagination.Any advice????
updated by @peacelovinmama: 02/14/15 06:12:39AM
Bird
@bird
14 years ago
74 posts
Happened to me as well with the liquid soap. My advice, and even now, my hair still gets a bit greasy, is to try their bar soap. I found that even the Baking soda rinse left my hair feeling weird... it can be rather frustrating. Also, how often are you washing? sometimes hair goes through greasy periods to adjust to new washing regimens, and maybe try to space the washing out a bit?Allergies withstanding, try a mild sea salt spray as well... I have found that this helps dry things out a little bit, but really go easy on the salt. I'm going to the beach this tonight for the weekend and am so excited to dunk my head (even though its going to be rainy and 60 degrees).Good luck!
peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
Thanks for the reply. I do use the bar!!!! Ugh...maybe it is just me head...I wash every 2-3 days. Pretty much like before. I have never been a shower monger...I have done salt - but it seemed to kick start the oil...so I avoid it at all times now. If I was on the coast - I would just have to deal with the grease...I am so jealous you are headin to the beach...Again - thanks for the words...peace
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I think it has a lot to do with having have hard water, not sure if you do or not? I've heard a lot of people say they can't use Dr.Bs for that same reason, leaves a sorta sticky residue after washing. The only thing I can suggest is diluting it,unless you already did. For me nothing cleans better then the baking soda! Although I don't have problem with the Bronners it just doesn't clean as well!
peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
thanks so much for your input.....ah! that's it...we are in the city....(for only 2 more weeks)....with suPER duPER hard water.that makes total sense. so well water will be awesome then...i will just use only baking soda...what about baking soda for skin in general? I have started using the dr b's bar for everything - and everythig is greasy....my face is breaking out for the first time since pregnancy and high school before that.can i use a baking soda paste for general soap too???
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hard water wilol do that with castile soap because its a pure soap no detergentsif u want to use it with that water adding a small amount of borax will help

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i dont use soap anywhere nowi wash my hair 1st then i rince out the pitcher i usde and when i rince it i dump the rince water over my body so its alot weaker then the stuff in my hairi feel nice n clean wiythout any soap i havent used soap on my bodyt in like 4 months peacelovinmama said:
thanks so much for your input.....

ah! that's it...we are in the city....(for only 2 more weeks)....with suPER duPER hard water.

that makes total sense. so well water will be awesome then...i will just use only baking soda...what about baking soda for skin in general? I have started using the dr b's bar for everything - and everythig is greasy....my face is breaking out for the first time since pregnancy and high school before that.

can i use a baking soda paste for general soap too???

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
very interesting SE!!!!! i think i may take up your practice for a bit...my skin & hair have just been haywire....i know that the well water will be kind ot me - and i will probably have to change everything once i get home...but for now - i will be a baking soda girl...yea!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I agree with SE for me personally I love BS for everything from cleaning my hair and skin to cleaning my house! It makes a great exfoliant if you just mix a lil water with it to make a paste it gets rid of dead skin/dirt pretty gently. :o)
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
Hi everyone. while we're on the subject of cleaning. how much docter bronners should i use per wash? do I pour the whole diluted mixture on my head or justa little bit? I took a shower this morning using some but I couldnt get any suds going. Im not even sure If I cleaned anything. I tried baking soda/acv rinse 2 days back and it left my hair very stiff and awkward.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form