Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Knotty Jonny Clean & baking soda/apple cider vinagar

Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
I did post that... I'm fairly certain that's the part he was saying required a boiling solution to have the aforementioned chemical reaction. I would LOVE to present some scientific information stating otherwise if y'all have some.
updated by @raging-roots-amy: 07/09/15 06:54:20AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
no there was the other reaction thbat required hot not bioling warter that reaction requiees just waterask him if he ever ate kids cereal as a kid when they iused to include a lil toy prise the toy would every now and then be a toy plastic submarine, you packed baking soda in a hole in the bottom and drop it in water, the baking soda reacted with the water causing bubbles the bubbles would cause the sub to rise to the surface then the bubble would out grow the hole and pop out so the sub sank baking soda reacting with cold water caused that chemical reaction and its that same bubbling reaction that cleans dreads far better then any soap ever could

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Yeah, what you posted first was describing cleaning a pot(I think) with baking soda then boil the water and let it sit over night. Then it said this part with just baking soda and what it does when exposed to plain normal temp water. I really don't think he read it and if he did he's ignoring it... soaringeagle said:
no there was the other reaction thbat required hot not bioling warter that reaction requiees just water
ask him if he ever ate kids cereal as a kid when they iused to include a lil toy prise the toy would every now and then be a toy plastic submarine, you packed baking soda in a hole in the bottom and drop it in water, the baking soda reacted with the water causing bubbles the bubbles would cause the sub to rise to the surface then the bubble would out grow the hole and pop out so the sub sank baking soda reacting with cold water caused that chemical reaction and its that same bubbling reaction that cleans dreads far better then any soap ever could
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
While I miss those toys something fierce, wouldn't it just be enough to note that when mixed with water of any temperature, it not only dissolves but bubbles? Bubbles are in fact a sign of a chemical reaction, which completely debunks his boiling water theory.I can't believe my high school chemistry class is actually doing me some good... soaringeagle said:
no there was the other reaction thbat required hot not bioling warter that reaction requiees just water

ask him if he ever ate kids cereal as a kid when they iused to include a lil toy prise the toy would every now and then be a toy plastic submarine, you packed baking soda in a hole in the bottom and drop it in water, the baking soda reacted with the water causing bubbles the bubbles would cause the sub to rise to the surface then the bubble would out grow the hole and pop out so the sub sank baking soda reacting with cold water caused that chemical reaction and its that same bubbling reaction that cleans dreads far better then any soap ever could
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
@Faelwynn ...I was just gonna post that!! Jesus..its elementary chemistry that BS reacts with cold water....He really has crochetted too tight...This is the "experiment" im working on...that DHHQ products are invented by a bunch of KGB sponsored monkeys who enjoy listening to Beethoven in their freetime..."I'm working on experiments" my ass...what a douchebag~!!
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
LMAO, Shiva... Thanks, Paula... I'm at work now, but when I get home to a regular computer I will do that. I could still use some info on the chemical reaction that causes vinegar to clean so well...
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
This from knottysleeve's site explains quite well-"Its mild alkalinity works to turn up fatty acids contained in dirt and grease into a form of soap that can be dissolved in water and rinsed easily."...can't find anything about the vinegar though :/
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
http://www.helium.com/items/1189866-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar-natural-hair-conditioning Apart from its anti-bacterial effect...I think vinegar is used to neutralize BS...They are both weak acid and weak alkali respectively..and when combined "neutralization" occurs and gets converted to salt+water...restoring pH balance of scalp...Now I shall get back to my experiment on how to scam people but pretend m doing something cool like working on Hadron Collider or something....
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
or my highshool or well elementary school addiction to cocopuffs Faelwynn said:
While I miss those toys something fierce, wouldn't it just be enough to note that when mixed with water of any temperature, it not only dissolves but bubbles? Bubbles are in fact a sign of a chemical reaction, which completely debunks his boiling water theory.

I can't believe my high school chemistry class is actually doing me some good...

soaringeagle said:

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
jonny needs to learn to use google instead of wiping waxy grease on paper towel tubes and calling it an experiment

--

/ 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form