Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

so i got an email today about manicured locs

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
title "please stop"and the basic gist of it was please stop telling people that (he didnt mention specific methods but) interlocking crochet over twisting salons ande all that manicuring is harmfulthen went on to say ppl need to do all that for work.i replied ofcourse that the idea that they have to do all that is whats harmful, it creates an air where employers think they can force you to do great harm to your dreads ro fit an image.so..should we take 1 guys advice and stop? (assumming hes probably a loctician losing profits because the truths getting known) or should we go on telling the truth that everyone appreciates so much?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 06:26:41AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and its not like i say your evil if u fix a hair or anythihjg after all i know tons of ppl who comb undreaded hair and maintain it i just tell em whats best for the dread and say if u absolutely must maintain for work do the bare minumum and the least dammaging u can get away withbut this guy wanted me to go through tyhe entire site.. 300,000 pages and change well pretty much everything edit the opinions of 2000 people to suite his belief..we probably will get hated on by alotta product puchers and salons tho i dont mind

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thats exactly why this site is so popular because nobody else was telling them the truth

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok..the people have spoken (in very big letters too) raw sum said:
PLEASE DON'T STOP ! ! !

--
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
Dude, screw that guy. People like that are what's wrong with this world. Sounds to me like just another follower of societys idea of "acceptable". Never stop information and truth. That's my 2 cents on the matter. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hes sent like 3 or 4 emails so far and that pretty much wass my last responcediferent wording but same basic message anthony williams said:
Dude, screw that guy. People like that are what's wrong with this world. Sounds to me like just another follower of societys idea of "acceptable". Never stop information and truth. That's my 2 cents on the matter. :)

--
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
That is why i love this site so much, its so good because were not selling anything were not getting people to do stuff we are just talking (Well typing) and u can never stop people talking :)
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
why not tell him to consider his karma and get another job! seriously im tired of people saying its not me its my job that makes me do immoral or unethical shit but i need money i gotta eat...well u know wat i gotta eat too and theres no way im doing something that involves hurting people....bottom line get another job or pay the price dude...you might say its just hair no no it isnt its about deceiving people to steal their hard earned money
Alex Angam
@alex-angam
14 years ago
47 posts
It's almost like tobacco and the executives. Everybody knows that they are bad for you, and there are huge organizations spreading the truth, yet people still smoke them. They learn from there ignorance and experience. Big tobacco makes money, just like johnny clean and those twisted locticians, and I'm pretty sure they all know they are doing bad things. Just on a different scale of course. :)
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
I am not really sure what "less harmfull" methods of maintenance would be because I don't do anything with my hair, BUT - couldn't you suggest to him that he teach "less harmfull" methods and maybe instruct his clients that way????? They could still come to him for let's say... an aloe treatment?????? :) !!!!! Or maybe a BS/ACV wash with essential oil rinse???? Some people just feel the need to be pampered and messed with and want to pay for these services (girls especially like a "spa day")!!! Maybe this person could change their methods a little and still promote dread "maintenance and care"????? I can feel for people worried about their incomes in this economy. It's hard for everyone - even locticians who are promoting bad methods. Not to excuse them...but hey - we can offer some alternatives -can't we????
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form