Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cons of washing every day?

❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
So I've been trying to wash as little as possible but it's really hard for me. I have washed my hair every day my whole life and I just can't seem to get into the habit of washing even every other day. It's like a have to make a conscious effort not to wash my hair when I shower and I feel strange throughout the day when I don't.Now I know the biggest concern is mold. My hair is usually dry in 2 hours. I wash in the morning and I go to work walking right after I shower and I keep it loose all day so I know it dries well.Is there any other issues with washing daily?? Even a light wash?
updated by @opaulao: 02/14/15 05:45:37AM
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
As long as your hair dries completely between washes I don't see why it makes a difference when you wash.Key words be "as long as it dries completely"
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
nah you're probably all good for now. I wash mine every 2-3 days. When they start to mature it's a whole different story though. Once mature they can take up 12 hours or more to dry fully so you might want to cut back to every other day by then.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
mine take 38 hours ti dry so u might wanna start getting used to washing less also washing daily might make u oily

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
As they mature and get longer I know they'll take longer to dry. But I think I could cut back slowly and get used to it by then...and I know it will probably make me oily but I still havent been able to adjust to the new schedule.If I can wash every day, then I'll take my time with the changes so I can adjust better. Thanks guys :)
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
I hear ya. Im having a hard time with every other day too. :/
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
other than making sure it gets a chance to dry and the fact that wet locks are annoying, not really much,whatever you find works best for you.
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
while we're on the subject. what about sweat? I wrestle during the winter and I will have practice everyday for 4 months and I will take a shower every morning. anything I should look out for?
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
The whole point behind washing your hair less often is to give your sebaceous glands the chance to learn to produce less oil.If you are you washing your hair every day you aren't giving your sebaceous glands the chance to.If you have to just go through the motions of washing your hair without actually using anything that would remove any oil. (IE: Get your hair wet, use your palm or fingertips to help loosen any dirt, etc.)The only reason you "Can't seem to get into the habit of washing your hair less often" is the fact that you either don't have the determination, desire, and/or dedication to do so.If you don't have the desire, the dedication, and the determination to do something, you won't do anything.Joe: Rinse your hair with plain water after practices.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Great AdviceGolden Eagle & Knottysleeves!!
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form