Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

maintaining crochet dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
wow they kinda looked like stiff lil sticks at 1st..like licorice rootthen finaly puffed outr and looked like dreadsgood example and good to see they recoveredi know ppl who are still crochetting weekly after 6 years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 02:39:49AM
Chevelle Trant
@chevelle-trant
15 years ago
33 posts

I've got some loopy bumps too, but you'll learn to love em,, they're what make your dreads totally unique.
updated by @chevelle-trant: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
dani2
@dani2
15 years ago
51 posts
please stop crochetingyes can also say from out of own experience, that it will ruin your dreads, the pence how strong your hair is and how often you do, it will break down your dreads, as they start to get thinner and thinnerjust let them grow as they want and nah worry that when its not such tied on your head, as the nature will make it later more beautiful
Thomas
@thomas
15 years ago
26 posts
YEah I crocheted for a while but then it became a hassle so I stopped trying to make them look tidy.. My hair is quite strong and I didnt experience alot of ripping or such... but they are right to becomes time consuming better to just let is be
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
If the loops are driving you crazy, you can always put a bead on it, or a wrap or a peyote stitch. Or even easier learn to love em :o)
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
If u havnt alreadys done so,throw the comb away!and that needle while your at it hahahhah
dani2
@dani2
15 years ago
51 posts
i realized me this the last week, backcombing and crocheting is how my sistas teached me, (and they all also dit not know, now i teach them) and i actually dit not thought further, till i asked meself...as my own dreads are becoming weaker each day.... and at that moment SE asked me to became friend on myspace,with the link to this forum,had mad many phone calls last week, as i made many dreads LOL, by my beloved family, and kept them nice with the needle, and yes .... also had to realize me many things at one timejust be happy and spread out how to grow dreads natural - smile -
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
they felt like a brillo? i never felt crocheted dreads but dont sound pleasant..mine are so soft and feel so good, especialy after using the baking soda and vinagar..i heard people say crocheted dreads "squeeked" when you squeeze them (not a sound a feel, like broken hairs rubbing on eachother) Peter Dub said:
I used to heavily crochet my dreads, and then realised a more natural and relaxed method would be much easier and look better.
A crocheted dread doesn't seem to have some sort of uniform direction, since all the hairs are criss-crossing in unnatural ways, and people described my hair as feeling like 'brillo-pads.' Overall it's a dread-shape (a rope-shaped thing made out of hair coming out of your head), but is disappointing once close-up.
More natural dreads are still clearly hair; they clearly aren't knotted unnaturally, but just twist round one another as a gradual matting process. My favourite bit about them is that you can still see the natural direction of the hair

soaringeagle said:
they'll come along beautifuly
you came to the right place

oh if u do stop crochetting you will probably notice they slowly not only look, but feel diffrrent

i never felt crochetted dreads personaly but i heard ppl say that the crochetted ones had a squeeky feel when scueezed (broken haird grinding on eachother i guess) while more natural growth felt softer spongier

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form