Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HELP!!!

Arturis Static
@arturis-static
14 years ago
51 posts
Just out of curiosity, where would I be able to find teatree oil, and rosemary ?
updated by @arturis-static: 07/18/15 08:49:18AM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
hint on the vitamin shoppe, their online store is cheaper sometimes, so if you have a day of printout of the price of something, they will give you that price instead. but that's where I usually get my stuff to.
Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
try washing with absolutely nothing but water if its not bugs. when i get itchies i take a luke warm shower and soak/rinse my scalp pretty good with water and it takes care of it. i guess its cause its a wash without products i dunno. cant hurt to try
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I also can't get rid of my itchies, and I too have itched my self scabby in a few places but I don't have any burning when I do my washes. I have tried different amounts of rosemary and teatree combos, and nothing seems to take it away. I have noticed that I itch more when my hair is pulled back at work or after wearing a tam for an extended period of time. Not sure what to do at this point. I have always had an itchy scalp, not necessarily dandruffy but generally itchy, and before I started my locks I could ONLY wash with H&S or I would get the itchies. I'm hoping I find a cure here soon.
Matt4
@matt4
14 years ago
13 posts
I'm 100% the same with everything you said... and after trying so many things i'm becoming increasingly pessimistic about being able to help it... Jake Holland said:
I also can't get rid of my itchies, and I too have itched my self scabby in a few places but I don't have any burning when I do my washes. I have tried different amounts of rosemary and teatree combos, and nothing seems to take it away. I have noticed that I itch more when my hair is pulled back at work or after wearing a tam for an extended period of time. Not sure what to do at this point. I have always had an itchy scalp, not necessarily dandruffy but generally itchy, and before I started my locks I could ONLY wash with H&S or I would get the itchies. I'm hoping I find a cure here soon.
JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
try rubbing coconut oil around your headit helps alot Matt said:
dude, i'm some 10 months into dreads now and dealing with the same damn issue. Itching just does not stop, ever, no matter what i do... tried knottyboy and dreadheadhq shampoos before finding this site, neither of which helped. for some 2wks now i've been doing the baking soda + teatree oil and acv wash, but still no real difference. I actually sometimes just put the teatree oil on my finger and rub it in my scalp in diff spots... not that it really helps at all but makes me feel like i'm doing 'something'. no idea what's causing it but if you find any kind of solution, please do share with me...
JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
where do you get all these oils from? soaringeagle said:
add rosemaery more rosemary then teartree and no hot water warm wayrr wash freeeeeezing cold rinse
u can after the acv i do a quick wash with maylees garden soasps and im 100% ictch free
the matlees is an extra step but sure makes my dreads and scalp feel amazing
its a process the baking soda (warm wash) eats away the built up dead skin etc
the teatree and rosemary treat dandruff
the acv (i do cold rinse after baking soda and acv both) acv restores a healthy ph and conditions slightly and the freezing water seals up pores and keeps me scalp happy the mayless is an extra steep to wash away anything left behind and make everything feel groovy it als has rosemary )(the 1 bar im using now)

btw i add the oils to both baking soda and acv rinse
Matt4
@matt4
14 years ago
13 posts
Try looking it up on google with your zipcode or something (if you're in the US/Canada). I found it pretty easily in Hanoi, so im pretty sure you'll be able to get it too if you're in the west... JahWillProvide said:
where do you get all these oils from?

Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Peppermint oil. The menthol relives and prevents itch.Get it at your local health food store. Put 6-10 drop into your baking soda wash, pour on leave it on while you wash and then rinse with cool to cold water.Stop using so many products too that will aggravate your scalp.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form