Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

OK blunting tips make dreads lock better?

taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

Be patient Ethon. I remember how my dreads looked in the early stages. I just made a conscious decision to ignore my head. I rarely looked at myself in the mirror except to brush my teeth. I don't even have a lot of pictures of my head from that time. I kinda wish i did. I see so many people that start dreads and comb them out way before they mature. because they don't have the patience to wait that awkward phase out. and remember the less you do to your hair...the healthier your knots will be :)

updated by @taye: 07/10/15 09:20:34PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Same here taye. I have a friend who shaved his head cause he didn't think he could comb them out.

As for blunting, everything I was going to say was said. Blunted tips add hours to the drying time. Even if they feel dry to the touch, there's still water trapped deep inside. Some of my locks blunted on their own, and now they take about 8 hours to dry even if I hit them with a dryer for a while.

The less maintenance you do, the healthier your locks will be. If they want to blunt on their own, they will,but blunting them does not help them lock faster or protect them from falling out. All it does is help make them look more uniform and "made" rather than grown

James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

Right after I tnr'd mine I blunted the ends but only did it once and then left them alone. The blunted ends straightend out after a few days, so it was kinda a waste of time. So I would say no, it's not gonna help, just makes your arms tired.

Ethon O'Brien
@ethon-obrien
12 years ago
40 posts

thanks. ill remember that. this site and soaring eagle have taught me alot, but i do have to differ in one area, i do prefer the blunted tips simply cause i just like how they look better, but in the meantime, im just gonna leave them alone and let them do their thing until theyre mature. i just dont like the little curls on the end, cuase my hair was very curly before the dreads. though that helps the locking. so anyway yeah just gonna let them do what they want now until they mature and fatten up (cant wait for that) and then ill blunt the tips at that point. thanks everyone :)

taye said:

Be patient Ethon. I remember how my dreads looked in the early stages. I just made a conscious decision to ignore my head. I rarely looked at myself in the mirror except to brush my teeth. I don't even have a lot of pictures of my head from that time. I kinda wish i did. I see so many people that start dreads and comb them out way before they mature. because they don't have the patience to wait that awkward phase out. and remember the less you do to your hair...the healthier your knots will be :)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form