Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Weak roots from interlocking

Sherita Flowers
@sherita-flowers
14 years ago
4 posts
I'm really worried about my dreads and I'm not sure how to fix them! I have had dreads for around a year now and they are semi-mature. I have med/fine straight hair but they locked up pretty easily without the use of product. I recenctly went to a salon to tidy up my dreads a bit, and just to see if they were doing what they should be, and the lady i went to interlocked my dreads and made them very tight to the scalp. I went to her twice because she conviced me it was the way to go and i guess i was pretty trusting. Now that i read on i see that interlocking or "flipping" the roots is very damaging. My roots are very thin now and i have lost a few dreads and i dont have a lot to spare. Is my hair ruined? Is there anything i can do to save them. I worked and waiting so long for them, its sad.
updated by @sherita-flowers: 01/13/15 08:40:37PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
oh i'm sorry that happened to you. It's a shame that people will try and make a buck off of damaging someones hair unnecessarily. I don't really have much of a solution for you except maybe try to condition your hair to loosen it up a bit, or try an ACV rinse. The weak roots i really don't think there's any way to fix that. Good Luck
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
you should call the salon and tell theym they screwed u bad thayt interlocking is the worse thing u can do for dreads and well id want my money back plus pain and suffering for the dreads lostbut no interlocking cannot really be fixed unless u can somehow get them carefully un-flippedi would totaly tho recomend u strongly suggest the salon should never use such harmful methods againim gonna edit the titleid be very gentle on em let em grow out and hope for the best

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sherita Flowers
@sherita-flowers
14 years ago
4 posts
Thank you so much for the advice. I'm going to baby them and hope as my hair grows they get stronger. It's hard not to be upset over something I've grown so close to.
Sherita Flowers
@sherita-flowers
14 years ago
4 posts
I was told not to use conditioner on my hair or it would never dread. I use a liquied shampoo about once a week from DreadHQ. Is there something I could use to give my hair some strength? NaturalWomyn said:
oh i'm sorry that happened to you. It's a shame that people will try and make a buck off of damaging someones hair unnecessarily. I don't really have much of a solution for you except maybe try to condition your hair to loosen it up a bit, or try an ACV rinse. The weak roots i really don't think there's any way to fix that. Good Luck
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dreadheasdhq shampoo sux and contains sls which can weaken hair and cause cancer conditioners slow dreading if dreads are brand new once your dreads are a year or more old u can use em as often as u needbut u should still use non residue conditionersstrong hair comes from nutrition mostly but horsetail /99an herb) and i think rosemary help too or nettles look for our herb discussions in featured threads theres 2 or 3

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form