Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread wax...god damn it!

Murphy the rasta
@murphy-the-rasta
14 years ago
58 posts
look,,im not good at english,if i type something wrong just let go....(please~)i start my locs form january til now...i did backcomb and wax in a salon.(jamican lime&mango,,,,something like that)it smells like some kinda candy and it's a strong ,sweet, mango? like smell.it's so greasy but the hair dresser is a african lady.that's why i thought she can be trusted.luckily i keep searching some useful data ....i found that i can wash my hair whenever i want. so that i wash em 5 days after locs..it's not that hard to wash that brand wax out(i supposed)After that,i found the dreadhead HairQiller site...i've brought so many stuff(omg)wax,hook,dreadsoup(finally ,this's the only stuff i keep using,and its fooking expensive to ship to hk),etc....few days later,i finally found this site,,,gees,it takes me like ages to wash the waxout..there should be still some stuck in locs....it smells a lill' moldy on the head after few mothsi used vinegar to soft the problem..luckily ,,,it's under control now(there just a lil' smells now)i wish i didnt used any wax/beewax...wish to find some ways to get rid of the smell
updated by @murphy-the-rasta: 02/14/15 11:10:00AM
savage
@savage
14 years ago
90 posts
most people on here would suggest you use a baking soda acv rinse the follow up with a acv rinse.but lol i used wax before too.dreadhead hq it was all bad took me a long long time to get it out.
savage
@savage
14 years ago
90 posts
but everybody on here helped me.now my dreads feel look and smell way better and way lighter.man i see no traces of any wax.watch theyl hook you up savage said:
most people on here would suggest you use a baking soda acv rinse the follow up with a acv rinse.but lol i used wax before too.dreadhead hq it was all bad took me a long long time to get it out.
Murphy the rasta
@murphy-the-rasta
14 years ago
58 posts
in fact...we're hard to find acv and baking soda in hongkong....and im not quite sure what to do after i get em...not clear the steps any way=-=
Murphy the rasta
@murphy-the-rasta
14 years ago
58 posts
i tried to wash the wax on my fingers,,,i cant even remove that crap...it must be harder to anti the wax form dreadies savage said:
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
To remove wax, put in very hot(almost boiling) water and squeeze out the wax. It's a bit dangerous so wear gloves and be careful, then wash with dish soap.Baking soda wash is easy. 1spoon of baking soda in a cup with water. Pour on your head and leave for 10 minutes, then rinse with water. Then 1 spoon of apple cider vinegar in a cup with water pour on and leave for 3 minutes then rinse with water again.I'm pretty sure you can find baking soda anywhere(bicarbonate?) I'm not sure about apple cider vinegar. If you can't find it you can use another type of vinegar but I'm not sure how much you would use.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
baking soda is called bicarbonate soda in many places and acv is apple cider vinager but any ol vinager will work threy are very common cooking ingredients that are in every matket in the world you cany have bread without baking soda or dumplings or cakes or pastriesvinagar as well is in many recipesok to get rid of the wax follow the wax removal info here theres alotbut then the smell sun dry and use a strong almost undiluted white vinagar spray with lavender oil in it that will have its own strong smell but it will fade leave it in after spraying in it kills mold and mildewand your english is finewe do have a site translator too and if u need to ask a question oin any non english language people can help translate for you (its never come up yet but we do have members willing to do that)and noone ever complains about my mistakes they wont care about yours :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
savage
@savage
14 years ago
90 posts
oh wow.well all i did was put some baking soda on ma head then after 20 minutes i put acv on my head.then i washed it out after another 20 minutes then 4 washes later it was no traces at all.just some natural looking dreads.but mango n lime is especially bad because it got petrolatum in it which is basically vaseline.if aint no baking soda out there.the peeps on here suggested dawn dish soap because it cuts through grease.and that mango n lime stuff is basically grease.after you get all the wax out stay away from it.i didnt even notice the wax til my dreads matured.lol im releived its gone though.
Murphy the rasta
@murphy-the-rasta
14 years ago
58 posts
you're a good man...god bless everygood man in the world soaringeagle said:
baking soda is called bicarbonate soda in many places and acv is apple cider vinager but any ol vinager will work threy are very common cooking ingredients that are in every matket in the world you cany have bread without baking soda or dumplings or cakes or pastries
vinagar as well is in many recipes

ok to get rid of the wax follow the wax removal info here theres alot
but then the smell sun dry and use a strong almost undiluted white vinagar spray with lavender oil in it that will have its own strong smell but it will fade leave it in after spraying in it kills mold and mildew

and your english is fine
we do have a site translator too and if u need to ask a question oin any non english language people can help translate for you (its never come up yet but we do have members willing to do that)

and noone ever complains about my mistakes they wont care about yours :)
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
so I googled...do you understand thisshiao su dah and pingua su??? :/......
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form