Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

herb infused vinegars

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok the diy infused oils thread got me thinking.i often see gourmet infused vinegars and thought about making infused vinegars for hair. this would especialy help oily haired folks since u can get the medicinal values of the herbs without ading oilso a possible mix could be fresh or dried rosemary lavander thyme mintnow im no pro at the infusion so island momma or someone double check my facts pleasebut i believe u can just put the whole herb in or grounded (whole herb will prevent ground up leaves from getting in your dreads)add enough of the herbs that they are fully submerged.set aside sealed tight in a cool dark place a good long while (i think 2 weeks min but 2 months is best)if ground herbs u may want to strain before use if while dont bother.i havent tried it yet but want to

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:40:15PM
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
hey SE...rosemary and lavender are not native to indian subcontinent....I can get thyme and mint easily..any idea for substitute please?
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I never thought to do this good idea. My mom does this with different herbs and peppers and such.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
since she does it ask her what the process isand u can order any herbs anywhere herbs are medicine so are sent all over the world u diont need native grown u dont need to pick it on your yard find an herb store or somethong or look online Jake Holland said:
I never thought to do this good idea. My mom does this with different herbs and peppers and such.

--
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Talking about native plants, I actually find minty plants all over where I live...I'll try to figure out what type of mint it is. Whould I just have to pick off the leaves and let them dry to do this(if your idea of the process is right SE)?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u can do it fresh picjed undryed or dried fresh is better if u can

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form