Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

First time congos, need advice

Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
Hey guys. Im one week shy of 2 months into my dready journey. started with sectioned backcombing then left alone pretty much (i fidget with them but i dont wax and have rarely crocheted). Theyre locking up pretty nice, theyre nice and solid and doing well.Well now im at the stage where i am noticing my first congos. most of my dreads are congoing together with their neighbor dreads. I might upload a pic if you need one. it pretty much makes a net of sorts across my scalp connecting to other dreads. should i cut them, attempt to rip them, or what. i just need advice on the proper way to separate them without damaging them i suppose. should i do it dry or wet, rip or cut, etc. the sections of the head are pretty tender so i take that into consideration as wellany advice or tips?
updated by @jackal: 01/13/15 08:39:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
rip them never cut u shoulda been ripping them all along (and not crochet ever)wet is easier if they wont rip easy out lil olive oil on the connecting hairsrip after every shower to prevent thatif u dint get em all everytime thats ok but try to get to wem all within a monthafter a month they can be really well fused

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Rip the apart gently. If they won't come apart while dry then try em when damp. Never cut them apart and DEFINITELY NEVER CROTCHET AGAIN. Or you can let some of em congo. I love the congos...but maybe you don't? Just don't let em congo into one big super dread. Unless you're into that...which is kool but not for me. :P
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form