Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Check the scenario............................ please

Pwntus
@pwntus
14 years ago
47 posts
Been neglecting for 4 months. maybe a month into the process i developed a sort of "routine" with the washing.I shower everyday, but dont get my hair wet everyday. I get it wet maybe every 2 days. But wash it maybe every 4 days. When i take a shower its usually at night right before i go to sleep. That said... Ive been going to sleep with wet hair the whole time. Well i wrap it in a towel when i get out of the shower but its only on for maybe 15 minutes before it comes off and i go to sleep. If i take a shower at night It usually feels dry about mid-day, the next day.That said. should i be worried about dread rot at this point? are am i just being paranoid? My hair seems fine to me (no bad odor or anything) but after recently reading about hair being wet too long im a little worried......
updated by @pwntus: 02/04/18 12:41:18AM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
maybe not right now. Do they smell? If not you're probably ok. But it really is not good to sleep with wet hair(especially dreads).. could you find a way to allow at least 2-3 hours for drying?You're going neglect, so do you have any dreads formed yet?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ire be more woreried bout the time its wrapped in a toweli shake mine out hang em over the side of the bed and try to move em around alot so air can get at em allbeing in a towel or hat tied up bound up is more an issue then sleeping as long as theyre moving artound and preferably handing so water can drip out the ends

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I usually spend an hour or so with my dreads wrapped in a towel ( just as I did when I had straight hair) and have never experienced any problems with it. I usually spend the first 30 mins or so with my hair wrapped up and then take them down, flip the towel to the drier side, and wrap them up for another 30 mins or so. I can't stand wet hair on my back, and my dreads aren't long enough to do anything else. I wouldn't sleep with the wet hair though, dreads or otherwise. Just an ucky situation all-together. I usually take a shower right before work and between 3 and 6 hours into my shift they're dry! soaringeagle said:
ire be more woreried bout the time its wrapped in a towel
i shake mine out hang em over the side of the bed and try to move em around alot so air can get at em all
being in a towel or hat tied up bound up is more an issue then sleeping as long as theyre moving artound and preferably handing so water can drip out the ends
Pwntus
@pwntus
14 years ago
47 posts
Thanks for the replies guys. is smell the only way to tell if one has dread rot? oPaulao said:
maybe not right now. Do they smell? If not you're probably ok. But it really is not good to sleep with wet hair(especially dreads).. could you find a way to allow at least 2-3 hours for drying?

You're going neglect, so do you have any dreads formed yet?
Pretty much most my hair is starting to dread from the middle and work its way up and down the hair. The ends of the sections are all loopy while the middle parts of the hair sections are more tight and cylindric shaped. Only one section in the back of my head has really dreaded up to the root. But most of the hair on my head thats close to the scalp is not dreaded yet.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form