Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

residue from dr. b's saop

tasha2
@tasha2
14 years ago
36 posts
I have been washing my hair with Dr B's and I have it diluted 12:1 but I still feel like my hair has residue left after rinsing. Is this a normal byproduct of castille soap? I prefer using it to BS on a regular basis b/c I didn't feel my roots getting really clean from the BS rinse. However, I do plan on using the BS rinse at least 1-2 times a month to get some of this castille residue out of my hair.Will this residue effect my dreads? Do you think it is the type of water I have? I was thinking that maybe I should dilute the Dr B's even more?Suggestions and thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated! In case it makes a difference, I'm about 1.5 months into the dreading process so I have a few dread babies and lots of knots :)
updated by @tasha2: 02/05/18 02:28:23PM
ourdub
@ourdub
14 years ago
47 posts
what kind of dr b's u using? i notice a get varied amounts of residue from different types.. more from tea tree. less from peppermint, and even less from unscented.
tasha2
@tasha2
14 years ago
36 posts
dub said:
what kind of dr b's u using? i notice a get varied amounts of residue from different types.. more from tea tree. less from peppermint, and even less from unscented.
right now I am using the tea tree one. I'll try some of the others and see if that helps! thanks :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its most likely the waterwhy wasnt the bs cleaning the roots?i dunno if it makes a difference but i use 1 of those handheld shower head thingies on the massage setting and hold it real close to my head so get alot more pressure then just a trickling rain from a normaL SHOWERI THINK IT HELPS BLAST IT OUT MAyBE

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tasha2
@tasha2
14 years ago
36 posts
soaringeagle said:
its most likely the water
why wasnt the bs cleaning the roots?

i dunno if it makes a difference but i use 1 of those handheld shower head thingies on the massage setting and hold it real close to my head so get alot more pressure then just a trickling rain from a normaL SHOWER
I THINK IT HELPS BLAST IT OUT MAyBE
My roots just always felt a little greasy after the BS rinse but they do feel clean after the Dr. B's. It's the baby dreads that have like a castille/glycerin type feel ( I can't really describe it other than that) on them after the Dr. B.s But the BS tends to leave them a bit dry/coarser. I'll try a different dr. b's scent, an occasional BS rinse and maybe just rinse my hair out longer under the shower.SE, do you think that I'm getting some bad buildup in my newly forming dreads?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how do u smell your roots? lolhard to guess i used too much olive oil and used the dr.b to remove that buildupi always found it rinsed wellmaybe u could try 1 of maylees bars from out shops?see if that works better for u its not castile i dont think so probly will work better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
this is gunna sound dumb but how can you dilute with a bar of soap?
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
thats what I usually do, 1x a month use the bs/acv clean then use either the peppermint or lavender soap diluted with tea tree/rosemary added.haven't had any problems thus far.
ourdub
@ourdub
14 years ago
47 posts
they using the liquid soap. Shuaib ahmed said:
this is gunna sound dumb but how can you dilute with a bar of soap?
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Actually same with me.. It's weird because it feels clean. I guess my scalp is used to being scrubbed and brushed vigorously. I also attribute it to my overly oily scalp, though it is improving :)Today I used a natural shampoo, scrubbed real good and hard, then did the BS after...What a difference..my scalp feels a lot cleaner :)Though I got a lot of congos going xD Chewin Change said:
Ii smelled my roots by touching my scalp with my finger and smelling lol

updated by @opaulao: 07/18/15 10:16:07AM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form