Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Chamomile and Rosemary?

Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
I would like to make a spray with chamomile and rosemary but before I set out on this endeavour I would like to know I have my proportions and tactics correct.I would like to just steep the chamomile but I wasn't sure if fresh, boiled rosemary would have the same effect as putting in essential rosemary oil. Is either way okay?My other question is if I add sea salt to help with my baby dreads can I leave that in or should I only use that along with a baking soda wash?The amount I want to make is about 500ml-1L. Just enough to fill a spray bottle so I was thinking about 5-8 drops of rosemary oil if I take that route.(I have read the discussions on the uses as well as SE's formula for a wash)
updated by @westcoaster: 01/13/15 08:38:08PM
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
A comment on an unrelated discussion has me wondering, can I just use fresh aloe vera (just broken from the plant) directly on my scalp?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
salt can over dry and iritate scalp id use it seperately so u can rinse it out after awhileu can add the oil to it after the chamomile cools

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yes aloes amazing

--
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
Thank you! Is the number of drops okay for the amount of water? (5-8 drops/500ml-1L water)Is it okay to just boil the rosemary if I find myself without the oil? soaringeagle said:
yes aloes amazing
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
umm u dont wanna boil herbs well root herbs yea not leafu want to steep themyea the ammounts ok u can add more if needed too

--
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
Okay, thank you :-) soaringeagle said:
umm u dont wanna boil herbs well root herbs yea not leaf
u want to steep them
yea the ammounts ok u can add more if needed too
Dislike 0

Tags