Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How do I soften my stiff dreads?

Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
My dreads are only about 6 days old so maybe this is somewhat normal at this stage but they are very stiff. I think it's because I got them crocheted and now they are so tight they can't move naturally. Is there anything I can do?Here's a pic from the day they were done. They still stick up like that. Oh, and FYI, I didn't use any wax so that is not the culprit.
updated by @westcoaster: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its all crochet and yea thats a huge reason not to crochetjust leave em to naturalize it will take timewash lil extra often to loosen emuse aloe or jojoba or cocoa butter or something (even olive oil) to soften and loosen emspank whoever recomended or did crochetand warn others not to crochetespecialy silly youtubersit can take awhile to recover from crochetand they can fuzz out to an extreme in the processjust resist the urge to fix em they'll get better in timefrom here on out u should try to go as natural as can be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
I've been making a point of shakin' em out and sleeping with them down to try to loosen them out.I was considering doing a rosemary wash to prevent any bad itching as well. Should I also use the aloe or jojoba? soaringeagle said:
its all crochet and yea thats a huge reason not to crochet
just leave em to naturalize it will take time
wash lil extra often to loosen em
use aloe or jojoba or cocoa butter or something (even olive oil) to soften and loosen em
spank whoever recomended or did crochet
and warn others not to crochet
especialy silly youtubers

it can take awhile to recover from crochet
and they can fuzz out to an extreme in the process
just resist the urge to fix em they'll get better in time
from here on out u should try to go as natural as can be
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
a lil i wouldnt overdo it u wanna soften and loosen em slowly not so much they start to come apart

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
Okay cool. Thank you :-) soaringeagle said:
a lil i wouldnt overdo it u wanna soften and loosen em slowly not so much they start to come apart
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
I'm definitely going to need to read that a few times over the next few months! Right now I'm just trying to sort through 48 dreads for all the string. Then I'm going to have a relaxing rosemary bath to help my dreads chill out :-) Lisa McRae said:
Just stop everything, I had the same problem. Just wash and separate, I promise they'll loosen up after a month or 2.
Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form