Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Do you think liquid black soap would be good for dreads? As a shampoo????

ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
I use liquid black soap as a body wash to escapee from harsh chemicals. Needless to say, it's done WONDERS for my skin. It's supposedly a great shampoo as well but I've never tried. Now I'm a bit weary because I don't want to use anything that will damage my dreads. The ingrediants are honey, water, co co shell ash, Jojoba oil, Shea nut oil, and aloe vera gel.
updated by @zeefighter: 02/14/15 12:20:40PM
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
Crap no. My stupid bottle broke so I had to put it in a sufferer one. But the one one speaking is brown and looks more like murkey water or somethig. This isn't the one I use, that one didn't have a picture. But it looks just like this really. http://www.ecrater.com/p/6536572/liquid-african-black-soap-16-ounces
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
for african hair which craves conditioning its amazingbut..3/4 of the ingredients are conditioning so for other races its no good at least untill maturejojoba coco aloe are all excelent conditionersits probly amazing on the scalp ass wellbut for straighter hair would make it too slippery

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
Thanks miss rags. I'll be sure to do thatyes I do mean African black soap. I'm black ad Mexican so my hair is sort of mixed in texture. My hair is typically very dry and frizzy naturally. So I'm thinking I'm going to give it a shot and see where it goes. Honestly I think it'd be best for my hair because it does CRAVE conditioning.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea if yyour hairs kinda african textures and dry its probly pretty amazing for u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I'm flattered you think I know a lot about soap! I am always going on about it seems LOLActually I am really excited about this soap, I have never heard of it before, SO glad you brought it up Zii.Kiah's hair is getting so overly dry especially with the summer, we go to the beach and water parks all the time and she's in the sun so its crispy!I want her to try this.I use Aloe Gel (juice doesn't give the same effect) or avocado oil and her hair literally drinks it up!It looks great for a few hours but I have to reply through the day, maybe the soap with one of the oils or gels will be the match I'm looking for.
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/empresstravels/items/8oz_100__Natural_Creamy_Liquid_African_Black_Dudu_Soap the one I once cane in a smaller bottle and was mee expensive. So I'm thinking about opting for this one. You may be able to find them in an African store. I would give it a shot. The only African stores I know of are hours away and I don't have a car so I had to order mine. http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/empresstravels/items/8oz_100__Natural_Creamy_Liquid_African_Black_Dudu_Soap

Island Mamma said:
I'm flattered you think I know a lot about soap! I am always going on about it seems LOLActually I am really excited about this soap, I have never heard of it before, SO glad you brought it up Zii.Kiah's hair is getting so overly dry especially with the summer, we go to the beach and water parks all the time and she's in the sun so its crispy!I want her to try this.I use Aloe Gel (juice doesn't give the same effect) or avocado oil and her hair literally drinks it up!It looks great for a few hours but I have to reply through the day, maybe the soap with one of the oils or gels will be the match I'm looking for.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Cool, I am watching a review on you-tube and this woman says she uses it in her hair but you have to use a heavy conditioner and de-tangler afterward...good for dreads by the sounds of it... ZuriYAH "Zii" said:
http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/empresstravels/items/8oz_100__Natura...

the one I once cane in a smaller bottle and was mee expensive. So I'm thinking about opting for this one. You may be able to find them in an African store. I would give it a shot. The only African stores I know of are hours away and I don't have a car so I had to order mine.

http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/empresstravels/items/8oz_100__Natura...

Island Mamma said:
I'm flattered you think I know a lot about soap! I am always going on about it seems LOL
Actually I am really excited about this soap, I have never heard of it before, SO glad you brought it up Zii.

Kiah's hair is getting so overly dry especially with the summer, we go to the beach and water parks all the time and she's in the sun so its crispy!

I want her to try this.

I use Aloe Gel (juice doesn't give the same effect) or avocado oil and her hair literally drinks it up!

It looks great for a few hours but I have to reply through the day, maybe the soap with one of the oils or gels will be the match I'm looking for.
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
Me either. I used to have back acne and uneven skin tone. I used it and my skin is pretty much perfect. No jokes. At first I broke out real bad but that was the toxins being poured out. Afterwards amazingness. Lol I try to turn people to it but they don't wanna. I'm glad it tangles though haha
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form