Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting Dreads With Hair 22-24 Inches long ***Natural Method***

Earthstudios
@earthstudios
14 years ago
108 posts
Hello Everyone! I took the plunge 3 days ago and threw away my brush. My hair is super super straight, but the good thing is I got a ton of split ends that add texture. I've only got 1 question and that is with my hair being so long to begin with, is it super important to start ripping them apart right away or should I wait a awhile before I mess with them. I just dont want my hair to form a few MEGA dreads.. I also wear a ball cap all day long I hope that doesnt case any ill effects thanks.
updated by @earthstudios: 01/13/15 08:37:43PM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Start ripping em apart as soon as they start dreading. That is only if they are getting too thick. The cap might affect em slightly, it depends on how often you wear it. It could either slow down the process or cause your hair to come into one huge dread. But since it's a ball cap, it wouldn't make it come into one big dread. It's more likely that it'll either do nothing or slow down the process slightly. But hey, if you're just enjoying life then you're not gonna notice if it's slowing it down or not. =)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well u should be able to tell if its trying to become a huge dread id rip as neededif u lift 1 sectuon and another comes up too just detach em from eachother

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
14 years ago
108 posts
Will do. thanks for the replys guys, I'll post pics monthly to keep everyone up to date.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Oh, you probably already know this but just in case...Your hair is going to shrink. You might end up with shoulder length dreads or even shorter.
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
14 years ago
108 posts
ya I know they will, my ends are extreamly thin and wispy I havent had a hair cut for over 10 years ha ha, its kinda been this length forever as it would grow I'd have wads of hair in my brush from where it would break off. So I am expecting it to shrink at first but after awhile when that hair that would have been lost is locked up it'll seem like I have more hair in the long run. Anyone suggest a salt spray for a natural method?
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
14 years ago
155 posts
Baking Soda seemed to help knot up my hair, I guess it kind of is like salt. just keep them clean.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Yeah, if you can't make a trip out to the ocean then a sea salt spray will help your hair if you have a problem with oiliness. I don't bother though. I tried it once or twice and it's not really worth doing because it only helps a little and if your hair is oily it might help a little more. Baking soda definitely doesn't help my hair lock up but it does keep it super clean.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form