Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

First Time Wash

Amander
@amander
14 years ago
6 posts
How long approximately do you want to wait with baby locks before washing them for the first time? I have thick curly hair and it backcombed up very nicely, didn't really hurt at all. I am curious if washing before the 1st week is up is too soon? I know some people suggest a few times a week, but is that for more mature dreads/baby or both?
updated by @amander: 01/13/15 08:37:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wash when u feel like washing ..washing helps dreads dont ever listen to ppl that tell u not to wash dreads for long periods of time3 days 5 days whatever..just when u feel u should

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amander
@amander
14 years ago
6 posts
Thanks SE. I'm definitely going to wash often, not sure why people think not washing is a good idea. Just wanted to see if there was such a thing as washing them too soon... i was think about on the 3 day, of course that depends on if I feel they need it or not.Thanks SE, always great advice! What would I do without this site?! (Probably be scammed) soaringeagle said:
wash when u feel like washing ..washing helps dreads dont ever listen to ppl that tell u not to wash dreads for long periods of time
3 days 5 days whatever..just when u feel u should
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
id ..go 1 day beyond when they feel dirty but no more

--
Amander
@amander
14 years ago
6 posts
That actually gives me a much better idea of when is a good time. I really just didn't want to wait a full week. I'm use to washing my hair daily, which I figure is just too much for my baby locks.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its best to get used to wassh9ng less then daily so 1 say longer then u think u should stretches that out alittlebut when u get to a point like around weekly u may find u want to twice a week just to be cleaner you'll find your best schedule by pushing it back then settling in where comfy

--
Amander
@amander
14 years ago
6 posts
Thanks SE, can't wait to do my first wash with that baking soda recipe and then do the acv rinse!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u may wannaskip the acv 1st time if u get real itchy use it 2nd time

--
gladness
@gladness
7 years ago
2 posts

For african hair ppl say starter locs to wash after 6 wks, I want to give a newbie the right info so can't she wash when ready, does she have to wait 6 weeks, what is the reason they give anyway waiting that long.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form