Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

bulges??

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
shes right, you can, theres a trade ofr thougha tiny bit of smoothing for a lil bit of weakeningthe weakening shouldnt be severe unless you obsessivly palm rollmostly palm rollings a huge waste of time as whenever ya lie down in bed your undoing all ya did (or doing all u didnt do, since laying in bed can flatten them, but they ussaly never stay in 1 position so flattening from all sides is rounding)even mature dreads constantly change in shape and tecthureso if your freaked out by a bump now when thweyre still babies and those bumps will tighten then when theyre older and a new bump shows up are u gonna freak out and keep on palm rolling for life?as your dreads mature..its the bumpiest craziest most imperfect one that willbecome your favoritethe 1 with the flatt beavertail or forked end or that looks like a fish or a musroomthe perfectly round ones will seem so boring next to that one that stands out on its ownits like you..in your family you got a buncha straight looking clean cut kids all afraid to not conform, then along comes this wild dready child who stands out from the rest...theres beauty in your uniqueness.. you dont want to be like every other clean cut kid ya seeso why would u want every dread to behave like those clean cut kids..afraid to stand out from the crowd and be an individual?when growing dreads u gotta think of them as childrenchildren are at theyre happiest when you ask what do you want to be then help them acheive that..instead of i want you to be and pressure them into confomity gypsywoman said:
You can try palmrolling your dreds between your hands, that will help smooth them out, but you have to learn to love your knottiness :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 03:23:16AM
Dirty Momma Funk
@dirty-momma-funk
15 years ago
11 posts
LMAO Captain! Sister for many of us dreads are not a fashion statement. For me personally it was a life statement. I will post a blog about why I dreaded sometime this weekend.If you want them round and "pretty" use wax and roll them. I personally would want wax in my hair and I haven't rolled them but maybe a dozen times in over 5 years. But KNOW that it is your choice and don't ALLOW anyone to judge you one way or the other."To thy own self be true, for when all is said and done, you have to live with you." & "It's all mind over matter, if you don't mind it doesn't matter"--Dirty Grand Momma (My Mom) Jelly said:
Jess Gergely said:
i don't see it so much as forcing them into conformity as i do making them look how i want them to look.

Uh, sorry, Cap'n Obvious here...Jess, that's the same thing. lol

J
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
jessplease please dont be upsetnoone is trying to make you feel bad for choosing to do things your waythat works for you and your happy with it so thats okbut this is a whole world out there who will read these, and advice given has to be true to all,i cant pretend that palm rolling and waxing is right right way to go and stear so many wrong like so many sites do.im nit at all saying that theres anything wrong with wanting to do things the way that your doing things..but most people fall into the trap of thinking they have to do that.and the truth is almost everyone finds theyre so much happier when they let go of that.how can i justify steering everyone wrong ..into having high maintanance dreads when most want something they can just wake uop in looking good without doing a thing,.its not about you..please dont think it is..its for every person who might read this for the next 20 years who might get the impression otherwise that dreads are a hassle requiring 5 hours a day of rolling and rubbing to look goodplease dont be upsetyour choices are your choices and they make you happy..tharts finewere only trying to help everyone make the best choices for them..

--
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
I love loops, buldges and all the natural personalities of dreads that come out in the journey. I love the uniqueness and non uniform look. However I do agree, dreads are a personal journey as unique as the individual. Ralm rolling makes higher maintenence dreads, as the natural route requires no maintenence at all. Its a personal choice.That being said, with my career path being the medical field and the image I have to portray I do palm roll about once a week. But when I say palm roll- I roll each dread twice between my hands - so its really hardly palm rolling.. More like guiding. My palmrolling routine - when ever I feel like doing it- never more frequently than once or twice a week after washing them- takes me all of 5 minutes. So really I usually just touch them and help get the frizzy roots to catch the dread. I dont want them perfectly round and smooth. But the frizzy part I do try to encourage to either join up with others or make their dread. My dreads are very loopy this week. I actually want to take pictures. After I washed them today I noticed alot of loops and bumps and i Love them!I wont attack you for your personal preference and I dont feel like anyone else is. This is a community forum where everyone just wants to help. We all mean well. Try not to wear your heart on your sleeve. This is probably the most friendly community I have seen. You asked a question about lumps, and all we did was answer it- answering a question like that would require some "how to" answers or else it wouldnt be answered, and thats what you were looking for right? People will have their opinions. You dont have to choose to listen.I wish you well, and suggest if you like the smoother rounder straight look, and you know the risks/everyones opinions/different beliefs/suggestions that you palmroll them more if thats what you want to do.PEACE
Kundalini Rise
@kundalini-rise
14 years ago
67 posts
I like your bulges. XD
K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
14 years ago
58 posts
i have bunch of those i was wondering the same thing i have at the root aswell they dont go evenly with some of my dreadlocks like i have 1 staight dreadlock and at the root flat/wide undreadead hair it's weird like my root hair coming out larger then my some of my dreadlocks that are abit thinner :S
alyssa evans
@alyssa-evans
14 years ago
1 posts
I have about a zillion bulges, all my hair is mostly loops and bulges. reading everyone's opinions on the spirituality really makes me want to let them go but if i don't be high maintenance on them i have to take them out for a job i need :( i appreciate the advice though: sigh. palm rolling here i come.
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
im jelous of ure bumps i dont have any looks :(
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
palm rolling does nothing and like i said your job cannoy yell you how tyo maintain your dreads as long as theyre cleanyou do not have to remobvve all the personalitywhats this job anyway alyssa evans said:
I have about a zillion bulges, all my hair is mostly loops and bulges. reading everyone's opinions on the spirituality really makes me want to let them go but if i don't be high maintenance on them i have to take them out for a job i need :( i appreciate the advice though: sigh. palm rolling here i come.

--
Nathaniel
@nathaniel
14 years ago
14 posts
Mine are full of bulges, I love it, looking forward to them all getting "sucked in" though.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form