Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

To twist or not to twist?

JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
Now i know that dreadlocks are a beautiful work of art that takes time patience and a lotta love. But i was wondering if all this continous twisting and ripping to strenghten some of my weaker dreads is worth it or if they gonna come apart itll happen wateva. Now i read somewhere that the more time and effort you put into them the better they will look, and i also know that they'll lock up on there own time. So my question is should i twistem all the time, sometimes or not so often?
updated by @jahwillprovide: 01/13/15 08:37:00PM
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I just did mine once, if they are going to come undone let them, they will take care of themselves.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i never did a thingthe reality is the more work u put into em the more fake they look the less unique and beautifulbut u put in as much as u need to to fit your lifestyle if u cant go natural do what u gotta do to get bybutthe best dreads the strongest and healthiest have had the least done to e,m..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Never. Just let it go.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
no matter what u do to start in the end thats what it comes down to just letting it do its thingso why not get used ti that from day 1 and just let nature take its course..i think there are a few rare ppl who could benifit from a gentle nudge in the right direction but i think most go more for an agressive forcing instead and then fall into the whole working on em hours and hours trap.. Roseanna said:
I've done the whole twisting and rippin thing.
Just didnt seem to work for me.
I just let them do their own thing nowadays.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Yeah I worked on my head for a while because I wanted them to be everywhere different size and everything. But now I'm letting them do whatever they want!! Some came undone and I was bugging about the back of my hair......but you know what I just realized? The back is starting to knot on it's own so for now on it's natural locking.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form