Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

retwisting dreads risks

Beijaflor
@beijaflor
12 years ago
20 posts

also just to add i think that having dreads that are "neat" and healthy at the same time isnt going to happen. Its one or the other in my opinion. I just leave my locs be and occasionally i wear a headband. you have to know that in the beginning your definition of neat is not going to exist. there will be loops,tangles, knots, and plenty of fuzzies and the more you fight it the less you are going to enjoy your journey. but the farther along the better they will be trust me. Just keep your hair very clean and nurtured and it will happen. =)

updated by @beijaflor: 07/23/15 04:45:30AM
Nick R
@nick-r
12 years ago
5 posts
Ight thanks guys!
Nick R
@nick-r
12 years ago
5 posts

I have a few more quick questions... How should I use wax and is there a such thing as palm rolling softly to prevent damage?

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

DON'T USE WAX EVERRR!!!

Nick R said:

I have a few more quick questions... How should I use wax and is there a such thing as palm rolling softly to prevent damage?

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Oh, please do not use wax. Wax is not water soluble so it can not wash from the dreads, no matter how much you wash them. Wax also acts like a glue, not as a catalyst for dreading. It will mold your hair into a dreaded shape but the hair will not actually dread because wax is slick and slimy and hair does not tangle under these circumstances. You want your hair to be clean and residue free.
Also, wax can attract dirt and external fuzz that is really hard to remove while the wax is coating the hair.

If you want the occasional taming, go with pure aloe vera gel or a gel that is water soluble (such as the locking gel from Bucks County Soap. Also, "tame" the loose hairs as little as possible so that they can move around and lock up. If you are constantly taming the frizzies and loose hairs with product they will just lay flat and not dread up readily. This can hinder the dreadlocking process if used in excess.

With twisting/palm rolling, you don't want to do this regularly and you don't want to do this vigorously. If done too often and too tightly it will cause tension which leads to traction alopecia. When applying aloe, use a small amount at the root area and gently guide it with your fingertips along the dread shaft.

Nick R said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

to use wax take a string poke a hole in the center of the wax push the string down into the hole

then light the string on fire

there u used wax to make a candlke

why youd ask that on a dread forum should be confusing but some people think making candles on their head is a good idea maybe in case of disaster or apocolypse they can use their heads as torches?

if u palm roll softe]ky enough to not do harm then it does nothing at all so why bother

Nick R said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form