Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to tidy baby dreads?

karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
Hey...Im Karen from Ireland, 27yrs old...got dreads about two weeks ago :)I never really wanted dreads lol there was just a lot of synchronicity going on so I got them...I do love them now though and even my parents think they are nice!I got my hair dreaded using a crochet hook and after reading here I decided not to maintain them with a hook but now there are LOTS of loose hairs at the top of my head, coming out of the bottom of my dreads and out the sides of my dreads. The top of my head looks like a frizz ball.Thing is, im starting a new job on Monday and was hoping they wouldnt look so messy, im living in headscarves but the frizz is all over the place.I was just talking to the guy who made my dreads and I said that im not gonna use the crochet hook that im hoping that they will dread naturally from the roots if I leave them and he said he has seen peopel try this and it didnt work :(At the moment all I do is wash with Bicarb soda and ACV...I have sprayed them twice with salt water.Is there anything I can do to make my dreads look less messy so that I dont have to take a crochet hook to them! thanks :)
updated by @karen: 01/13/15 08:36:38PM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Stop being so critical of yourself and stop thinking everyone else sees your dreadlocks at the same distance as you do. Keep washing your hair as you have been and just leave your dreadlocks alone.Loose hair is a normal part of having dreadlocks. They never really go away completely either. Read this thread on the first few weeks of dreading.
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form