Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loops lumps kinks and zig zags in dreadlocks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u cant make sure no hair breaks cause if u use rthe hook..hair breaks theres no physu[=ical way to avoid it u shouldnt ever those p[]loops will go away on thie r own harmlessly

if you hear hair breaking your breaking at least 15-20 at a time for it to be audu[ible a single hair breaking or even 5 or 6 u cant hear

every single time the crochet hook passes through a dread..hairs aee broken theres just no way it can pass through harmlessly

you really dont need to control them but if u must a wrap or bead or sleeves harmles

a hook isnt

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Margaret Cook
@margaret-cook
12 years ago
4 posts

Okay. I didn't know that. I thought if I wasn't hearing hair breaking I wasn't doing any damage. I will stopimmediately. I actually just saw a pic of another person who said their's looked the same way early on and you can't even tell now that it is mature. That is all I really want because I was worried they would look like that forever if I didn't do something about it now.

soaring eagle said:

u cant make sure no hair breaks cause if u use rthe hook..hair breaks theres no physu[=ical way to avoid it u shouldnt ever those p[]loops will go away on thie r own harmlessly

if you hear hair breaking your breaking at least 15-20 at a time for it to be audu[ible a single hair breaking or even 5 or 6 u cant hear

every single time the crochet hook passes through a dread..hairs aee broken theres just no way it can pass through harmlessly

you really dont need to control them but if u must a wrap or bead or sleeves harmles

a hook isnt

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

nope its just the teen stage its normal but

pluck a hair hold it a foot away and break it can u hear it? u gotta break alot at a time to hear em

--
Yvonne Reigns
@yvonne-reigns
12 years ago
5 posts

I have to figure out how to upload photo's on here...I'M NEW & loving iit already....I don't have a PC at home, I'm using my work PC and video/cam is disabled...ANYWAY I'm interlocking my dreads, no other technique would work for my grade of hair and they are splitting & doing weird stuff too, any suggestions????

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

stop interlocking ofcourse they are splitting and doing weird things cause you are splitting them and doing weird things to them

almost every dread problem is fixed by stopping doing what your doing

they will absolutely dread without interlocking idf u stop using salin brand shampoos made to make hair "managable" wich is code for keeps you from having dreadlocks its funny how much efforts put into making hair managable when dreads are nmanagable by doing literaly nothing

we'll set u up with a great dread soap and wash routine and then u just give em time ti o heal and dread

--
Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

Mine are almost at a year now, and I'm actually kind of sad because a lot of the loops and zig zags are going away as they become mature. :( I loved the loopy stage!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly what i tell everyone who tries to force loops to go away...your gonna miss them when they are gone

mature is overrated wild and crazy teen stages are so much fun

Circle Dancer said:

Mine are almost at a year now, and I'm actually kind of sad because a lot of the loops and zig zags are going away as they become mature. :( I loved the loopy stage!

--
Shannon Haverty
@shannon-haverty
11 years ago
1 posts

Hello i'mShannon

so i have been dreading up since September 2012 and i'm about 4 months in so far. my dreads are getting very loopy and many zig zags. I have been reading this is a good sign so i'm just letting my dreads do what they want and I love them. I'll add some pics of my dreads and I'd love to know what people think of them and if they are moving in the right direction. The roots are still little looser then then the middle but i heard the takes time same with the tips right??

updated by @shannon-haverty: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
TieDyedSoul
@tiedyedsoul
11 years ago
70 posts

this dread is trying to split into 2!

Mine aren't that crazy but they are awesome! almost at the 3 month mark!

updated by @tiedyedsoul: 07/22/15 03:44:28PM
Sarahface
@sarah16
11 years ago
108 posts

I want loops and 'zags! lol

Maybe in a few more months.

/ 13

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form