Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

darkening dreads and hiding lint in dreadlocks with tea

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dreads darkening is easy with just a lil black tea sprayed on and bonus any lint u have showing disapears!i had a whole lot of lint in mine from dragging on the ground, picking at the lint to try getting it out was doing alot of damage to my dreads so i stopped. i decided to either live with it or dye it but i hated the idea of store bought dyethen i remembered mountainnwillow or someone posted in 1 of the herbs threads about using tea to darken dreadlocksso this morning i made up a weak batch of tea (not going for real dark just to match my own color) and sprayed it all over my dreadsand all that ugly white lint disapeared!im leaving it on overnight and washing my dreads tomorow and hoping they stay this wayif not i'll try 1 more time with a stronger teai tried some on a grey beard dread just to see if it worked but didnt seem to make all that much difference so im guessing to go from grey to brown would take alot of applicationsbut for just a subtle difference and a way to blend lint in it seemed to work very well..i'll update after i wash em tomoro maybe with pics too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 05:34:23AM
savage
@savage
14 years ago
90 posts
what da blakk tea juss coats it or removez it?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
colors it to match the dread its become a part of the dread inseperable without tearing hairs up

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well after a deep clean washing it seems the color stayed the fuzz and lints almost 100% unnoticable with just a couple minor touchups maybe neededbefore the lint stood out was very vissible and was a hell of alot of it now if u look real close u can barely see a couple lil barely noticible spotsim pretty happy with how well it worked

--
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
14 years ago
141 posts
awesome! yea I used to use black and rosemary teas to help darken my hair naturally and it works by tinting the hair over time. I haven't done it in a while, and was actually noticing some lint from a white towel I used this week when drying them. Lint is such a PITA. LOL!
Hannah Clarke
@hannah-clarke
14 years ago
29 posts
yeah I did this once, because I had previously bleeched my hair and decided I wanted my natural hair colour back so I used a dark brown dye on the bleeched hair to see if it would work and it went grey! So I washed over some black tea and went a ash/dark blonde :) I'm thinking of doing it again to see if the blonde will totally come out cause now my dreads are like half brown half blonde :P
Andelynn
@andelynn
14 years ago
50 posts
That actually sounds really pretty! How long does the tinting last? It must wash out eventually...? And how much tea do you use? I've never heard of this before.

Hannah Clarke said:
yeah I did this once, because I had previously bleeched my hair and decided I wanted my natural hair colour back so I used a dark brown dye on the bleeched hair to see if it would work and it went grey! So I washed over some black tea and went a ash/dark blonde :) I'm thinking of doing it again to see if the blonde will totally come out cause now my dreads are like half brown half blonde :P
Hannah Clarke
@hannah-clarke
14 years ago
29 posts
Well, I'm not too sure... Errm I'd say a few washes :) It only darkened it a tad bit, so it went back a normal colour instead of this weird fake grey :P You can see in my pics that the blonde bits are back blonde now, but compared to how they used to be it seems to have kept them a tad darker :) I used like 2 cups of tea basically. If you do it let me know, would love to know how it goes :D

Andelynn said:
That actually sounds really pretty! How long does the tinting last? It must wash out eventually...? And how much tea do you use? I've never heard of this before.
JXhippielovinpeace
@jxhippielovinpeace
11 years ago
23 posts

So the lint is still in there?? Doesn't that kind of bother you?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

no..why should it?

almost every day you have belly button lint that your completelpy unaware of untill you pick it out does it bother you while its there? no youir not even aware its there

right now theres a billion or so microscopic mites crawling all over yoiur skin but do they bother you? no your not even aware they arethere

why should something bother you just for being there?

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form