Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Thinning Dreads from interlocking

Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Dreads are about freedom, let the "loctitcian" go, your dreads will thank you for it.
updated by @island-mamma: 07/22/15 06:35:14AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea theres less then 1% of all loctitions in the world are worth going to....once... nit 1 is ever worth going back to after the 1st timei can almost guarantee its the loctition causing the damage but u need to tell us exactly what was done to u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I know a girl who gets her locks shaved by a loctitian. soaringeagle said:
yea theres less then 1% of all loctitions in the world are worth going to....once... nit 1 is ever worth going back to after the 1st time

i can almost guarantee its the loctition causing the damage but u need to tell us exactly what was done to u
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
I don't think the washing thing is your problem. My friends G and Vanessa are african american and they don't wash their locks more then once every few months, and before they started them they washed their hair about the same amount and never had any problems.On that note though they have never had any maintenance done since they started their dreads with twists.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
exactly yiu see most loctitions simply are not trained or are trained only harmful methods they tend to default to the most harmful methods and force a "too neat" lookat the cost of great harm.. and they also reinforce the lie that dreads shouldnt be washed.. loctitions tend to be the least knowledgeable people when it comes to dreads. they somply fdont understand that dreads are your natural hairs natural state, they think all dresads must be forced and they recomend dread perms even to people whis hair would dread overnight naturalyi would never recommend any loctition unless i was 100% sure of theyre methods and motives.if they said not to wash id know not to trust em..fixing your problem is simple you just need to stop going and learn to care for your own hair..which is easy as can be.. Sister Rags said:
The thinning problem is not a big mystery, it's about common sense. Whatever method/tools the stylist is using is causing your dreads to thin like they are. Not washing to remove dead skin, etc. is almost surely contributing to the problem.

Diet can cause hair thinning/loss, but believe me, if you're eating a normal American/western diet, you aren't lacking in nutrients so much that your hair will thin. You would have to be truly malnourished and in starvation mode to cause hair thinning. Of course, certain medical conditions (thyroid problems, for example) or psychiatric conditions (anorexia) can cause hair loss/thinning, but I seriously doubt those are the problem, especially because of the location of where your thinning dreads are.

Your loctition probably has the best of intentions and doing hair is how she makes her living, but just doesn't know or want to know that she's destroying your hair. It's up to you...if you are willing to allow those thinned dreads to break off (and others will, too eventually) keep doing what you're doing. If you want to save your hair, I know it's hard to stop seeing your stylist...you have a friendly relationship with that person...but you have to give your hair a chance to survive - it's all up to you & what you want to do at this point.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
actually its a brother not sisterover twisting causes alot of the same issues but actually any "root maintenance" can and ofcourse no root maintenance is neededalso u said its near your ears// like near where u shave sideburns maybe? could u be shaving lil too high?just a guess if its not loctition related

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
btw when u find out what methods the loctition used i'll edit the title (or you can)

--
RBN
@rbn
14 years ago
50 posts
I have the same problem and I wash my hair at least once a week. AND I don't do anything to it, just let it be. I don't know the reason for the thinning of the dreads but it's scarying me.If it's nothing to do with the method, diet, or washing, my best guess is that the hair might be falling out and I'm going bald.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
lets see a pic rbnroots can seem thinner then they are since the hairs not all matted into a firm dread it can be squezed thinner since its just straight hair.if it was actually a thinning issue in 3 months time the inch or so dreaded near the scalp would be noticably thinner then the rest of the dreads..but if its just the undreaded roots that seem thinner its very possibly just illusion

--
savage
@savage
14 years ago
90 posts
yea no more loctician obviously she either usin wax or twistin too tight

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form