Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Thinning Dreads from interlocking

Un!que
@unque
14 years ago
3 posts
I hope someone will be able to help with my question. I am in my 3rd year with my dreads and all is going well. Lately I have noticed that in there are a few dreads that have started healthy but have thin out to the point where it is hanging by a few strands.Its mainly on the sides near my ears only. Should I be concerned and is there any way to prevent it from accruing?
updated by @unque: 02/14/15 01:25:15PM
jordan moore
@jordan-moore
14 years ago
11 posts
Pictures would help.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what have u done to your dreadsthis is common if u interlocked or root rubbed to death or twisted too much11st tell us everything u did to your dreads and we'll figure out from there and yea pics will help too but ..history even more from how u started to all maintenance u didand especialy did u ever use any so called dread tools

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Un!que
@unque
14 years ago
3 posts
I have never used any dread tools. I see a Locktician very 2 months and I believe he uses the the interlock method. In between that time I don't do any extra twisting, i just leave my dreads until i see her again.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
stop seeing her!! interlocking will cause yoiur dreads to fall offlocticions are a scam theres less then 1% in the world that arent destructiveok you niow have severely weakened dreads..theres nothing to do about that but try to recover. that means ..zero maintenance for a gvood while well almost, dreads that arent thinned you can still seperate..nothing elsde, the thinned dreads though your only option to save em is to alow them to congo and combine with nearby dreadsonce the roots are stronger u can resume seperating..but thats itinterlocking is 1 of the 2 worse things u can ever do to dreads (well going to a salon or loctition at all is up there in the top worse things u can do too)were there products used too?im sorry to tell ya the bad news but at least there is a wauy around ita few congows and let the rest go and become healthyim so glad u found us when u didso every 2 months fir how long? just guessing at the level of weakkening it caused Un!que said:
I have never used any dread tools. I see a Locktician very 2 months and I believe he uses the the interlock method. In between that time I don't do any extra twisting, i just leave my dreads until i see her again.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
be sure to thank your loctitian for screwing up your dreads and ..while your at it tell her interlockings the worse thing u can do to dreads.suggestion the thinnest weakest dreads wrap embriodery thread round that 1 and next nearest 1 from roots to 1/2 inch to inch out u can leave it on till it falls apart or take off in a month or soor i can add a bead that fits over 2

--
Un!que
@unque
14 years ago
3 posts
In fairness to my loctician, I really don't know what kind of method that he uses to do my dreads. I've done some reading on interlocking and I don't believe that is the process that used on me. The rest of my dreads are fine, I would say that I have 4 dreads that have thinned out.Could other factors, such as diet,stress, etc,.. cause this? I should also add that the only time my dreads are washed is when I see my loctician
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yikes wellwash your dreads ..dont go to a loctition..ever..theres no reason tou shild be washing weekly at leasstok describe what he does to u in detail..did he tell u not to wash?

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Continuing to see a loctician is at very least a waste of money..at most is destructive. If he's just washing and twisting I don't really see how that could cause the roots to be breaking unless you don't moisturize your hair.Both diet and stress can cause your hair to start thinning along with pretty much anything else that causes hormonal changes. Un!que said:
In fairness to my loctician, I really don't know what kind of method that he uses to do my dreads. I've done some reading on interlocking and I don't believe that is the process that used on me. The rest of my dreads are fine, I would say that I have 4 dreads that have thinned out.

Could other factors, such as diet,stress, etc,.. cause this? I should also add that the only time my dreads are washed is when I see my loctician
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
over twisting certainly can cause it tooonce a dreads formed theres no reason to go on twistinghes seen a lictician every 2 months for 3 years,.. that im 99% sure is the causewhatever the loctition does combined with not washing (clogged pones caked ion dandruff etc)i think u should call the loctition and find out exactly what he does (after washing your hair)if the loctition told u not to wsash ..thats enough reason to never trust him (possibly enough reason to sue his ass too) Spider Feet said:
Continuing to see a loctician is at very least a waste of money..at most is destructive. If he's just washing and twisting I don't really see how that could cause the roots to be breaking unless you don't moisturize your hair.

Both diet and stress can cause your hair to start thinning along with pretty much anything else that causes hormonal changes.

Un!que said:
In fairness to my loctician, I really don't know what kind of method that he uses to do my dreads. I've done some reading on interlocking and I don't believe that is the process that used on me. The rest of my dreads are fine, I would say that I have 4 dreads that have thinned out.

Could other factors, such as diet,stress, etc,.. cause this? I should also add that the only time my dreads are washed is when I see my loctician

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form