Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the best way to wash and care for new or old dreads regardless of race

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
when it comes to dreads natural is best, this goes for methods as well as maintenance and cleaning.now some sites say dread wax and beeswax is natural so its good. this is flawed logic. crude oil is natural, but is it good in dreads? no.no wax ever belongs in dreads. (thats all i'll saw till i cover wax removal)washing dreadscommon knowledge says use only non residue shampoos.non residue shampoos are fine, but..not best.or most natural usually too.best is the baking soda acv and herbs method.. nothing cleans dreads better or is more natural http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for carecare is a matter of great debate theres 2 schools of thought on thisthe tidiness obsessive school:this school of thought is obsessed with perfection dreads must not have a bump a bend a loop any flat spots not a single loose hair and they are willing to do massive amounts of damage to achieve this.the healthy dreads school:this is the minimum maintenance carefree school that lets the dreads o what they want (within reason) basic maintenance being washing, and separating to prevent unwanted congos. the results very healthy dreads that last foreverthere's room for a comfortable middle ground where you balance acceptable damage for reasonable tidiness.but to strive for that you must be aware of the severity of the damage of each method.is there a difference in racial hair care?only slightlyafrican hair types require extra conditioning and moisyurizing other hair types conditioning would harm the dreading (untill mature at least)conditioning (new or old for african or just mature or as needed for all others):aloe verajojobaor shae/cocoa butterok so you made the mistake of waxing dreads is it all over and your doomed?no wax can be removed, just not easily like they claimed (lied to you) http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dread-wax-why-ya-dont-want-it if you have questions..ask

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:34:43PM
jordan moore
@jordan-moore
14 years ago
11 posts
For cocoa butter do you mean skin lotion?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well the purest cocoa butter u can get skin lotions mostly crap u dont wantand also fae just posted elsewhere that its not good to pour the acv on over the baking soda and let them react instead said rinse the baking soda out then do the vinegar rinse..ive done both..i'll switch it up and see which is best

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Monica Wittig
@monica-wittig
13 years ago
2 posts

Would you recommend cocoa butter or aloe to smooth out frizzies on baby dreads? Because I'm getting dreads in a week (twist and rip) and I know sometime in the next 3 months I'll have to interview for internships... So I would like a cheap and healthy way to keep the frizz at a minimum, or at least to smooth it out right before I go to my interview. I'm afraid if they're conditioning they'll undo my dreads!

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

yeah both are conditioning and will loosen baby dreads, but if you need to smooth them out to make them look neater for a short while 100% pure aloe is your best bet. the butter will do more loosening then the aloe so aloe is your best bet.

Monica Wittig
@monica-wittig
13 years ago
2 posts

Awesome! Thanks!

Change~ said:

yeah both are conditioning and will loosen baby dreads, but if you need to smooth them out to make them look neater for a short while 100% pure aloe is your best bet. the butter will do more loosening then the aloe so aloe is your best bet.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form