Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

fluff in my blonde dreads

Justmyparanoia
@justmyparanoia
14 years ago
15 posts
Hi guys, something i struggle with last times is plush (other word for fluff right?) in my blonde dreads. It comes from some clothes i wear, and if i'm not fast enough with taking it out, it grows into my dreads. Because i've blonde dreads you can see it. This is something what really frustrates me, i don't want to touch my dreads. My dreads are more than 3 years old, i have never had a problem with this in the past. Could it have to do something with the fact they getting older, so they attract more fluff because they're dry or something? And does someone over here have the same problems?~Namast
updated by @justmyparanoia: 01/13/15 08:34:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
mine are 20 years old and i have a whole lot near the ends fro dragin on the groundim concidering dying my dreads the natural color to hide it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
Mine do that a lot on parts that rub on fabric (like the tips)
Justmyparanoia
@justmyparanoia
14 years ago
15 posts
do you think it would change the color of the plush? can plush change from color anyway? i try to get it out with a pincet, but i can see i'm pulling hairs out to. wich i don't want soaringeagle said:
mine are 20 years old and i have a whole lot near the ends fro dragin on the ground
im concidering dying my dreads the natural color to hide it
Justmyparanoia
@justmyparanoia
14 years ago
15 posts
glad to hear i'm not the only one, what do you do? let it in your hairs? pulling it out? washing? Courtney J said:
Mine do that a lot on parts that rub on fabric (like the tips)
Justmyparanoia
@justmyparanoia
14 years ago
15 posts
I know how annoying it is, it still drives me crazy. What i do is once a month going trough all my dreads with a tweezer. Trying not to pull much hairs out, but i can't avoid it. I think it is more visable on blonde hair. Do you notice they're groing into your dread?

Kelsey Lewis said:
Same thing happens to me... I can't figure out how to get rid of it. When I try to take it out I pull out hairs too. Washing doesn't take it out of my hair. So it's just there.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
having dark hair i spray my dreads down with black tea every so oftenthe black tea stains the white fluff the color of my dreadssomeone recomended taking a soft bristle brush and lightly brush the dread and it will remove the fluff but she hads africanish (1/2 and 1/2) hair so the extra tightness might make for less hair being pulled out? i dunnoi just use the tea and im happyi was gonna say if its youir clothes causing it move to a nudist colontproblem solved(or u can just wear somrthing that dont leave fluff)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i used to thi9nk of it as just adding color and texture untill it became way too much

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form