Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com
Dreadlocks Forums

unraveling

Richie Mulina
@richie-mulina
7 years ago
21 posts
So it's almost been two weeks and my hair is still really frizzy and some locks are starting to unravel. This is natural right?
updated by @richie-mulina: 02/14/15 03:37:19AM
Iain
@iain
7 years ago
845 posts
oh yeah, it's all bound to happen, actually expected as they loosen, form some bumps, loops.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
27,886 posts
look in featured discussions read the dreading the 1st weeks of dreading thread

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Richie Mulina
@richie-mulina
7 years ago
21 posts
Ok. It's just so hard to understand how they loosen up and the tighten. And I have a another question. Is it ok to cut off little tails of hair that hang off of the end of the dread or will they dread in? Cuz I have a big fat dread that looks nice now and on the end there's just a tiny little tail of hair.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
27,886 posts
just leave it i would not cut anything off

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
7 years ago
458 posts
Give it time to tighten up, it may or may not. Sometimes there is tails, sometimes they blunt...
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
7 years ago
389 posts
Trust us, your hair will tighten back up on it's own.Richie Mulina said:
Ok. It's just so hard to understand how they loosen up and the tighten. And I have a another question. Is it ok to cut off little tails of hair that hang off of the end of the dread or will they dread in? Cuz I have a big fat dread that looks nice now and on the end there's just a tiny little tail of hair.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
27,886 posts
just think most of us started from loose hair never did a thing to start em so it was all just tighteningif dreads can form from nothing then they can form from backcombed that falls apart

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
oraeley
@oraeley
7 years ago
6 posts
Thanks for posting this question. when this loosening happened the first time to me I freaked out, put my bands back in and back combed the bits that had come undone. I'm still waiting for tighting and currently look like a frizz ball. good luck to you :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
27,886 posts
dont freak out dont put bands in dont rebackcomb ..time..time is all u need to dread..not effort not methods not products nothing but time..and time passes much faster when u relax and ignore time altogether..dont be in a hurry the future comes so quickly

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
 / 2

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form