Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

unraveling

Richie Mulina
@richie-mulina
14 years ago
21 posts
So it's almost been two weeks and my hair is still really frizzy and some locks are starting to unravel. This is natural right?
updated by @richie-mulina: 02/14/15 03:37:19AM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
oh yeah, it's all bound to happen, actually expected as they loosen, form some bumps, loops.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
look in featured discussions read the dreading the 1st weeks of dreading thread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Richie Mulina
@richie-mulina
14 years ago
21 posts
Ok. It's just so hard to understand how they loosen up and the tighten. And I have a another question. Is it ok to cut off little tails of hair that hang off of the end of the dread or will they dread in? Cuz I have a big fat dread that looks nice now and on the end there's just a tiny little tail of hair.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
just leave it i would not cut anything off

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Give it time to tighten up, it may or may not. Sometimes there is tails, sometimes they blunt...
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Trust us, your hair will tighten back up on it's own. Richie Mulina said:
Ok. It's just so hard to understand how they loosen up and the tighten. And I have a another question. Is it ok to cut off little tails of hair that hang off of the end of the dread or will they dread in? Cuz I have a big fat dread that looks nice now and on the end there's just a tiny little tail of hair.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
just think most of us started from loose hair never did a thing to start em so it was all just tighteningif dreads can form from nothing then they can form from backcombed that falls apart

--
oraeley
@oraeley
14 years ago
6 posts
Thanks for posting this question. when this loosening happened the first time to me I freaked out, put my bands back in and back combed the bits that had come undone. I'm still waiting for tighting and currently look like a frizz ball. good luck to you :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dont freak out dont put bands in dont rebackcomb ..time..time is all u need to dread..not effort not methods not products nothing but time..and time passes much faster when u relax and ignore time altogether..dont be in a hurry the future comes so quickly

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form